Wii Sports - Boxing gets me mad, help?

Tecnica

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2007
I know there have been plenty of threads about wii sports - boxing, and yeah i've done plenty of searching, and read the gamefaqs, etc...

Does anyone have any tips for punching faster?? I used to box in real life, so it's not becuase i'm dumb...

It seems like when up against the computer (not that it matter now, i'm closing in on 3000 points) they can like rapid fire punch you 4-5 times if they find the opening to... but I've never been able to even punch that quick when there's a target in front of me (I can punch real quick like on the confirmation screens for working the bag)

But whenever a bag is in front of me for working the bags, it slows me right down, same with against the computer...

So, my cry for help is asking for pointers on faster punching so I can get that platinum medal in working the bags, and how to knock the computer around faster!!

Thanks,
Tec.

p.s.
I've noticed it works a little better when I get a rhythm going to it, but sometimes the nunchuck doesn't like to register the left punches? Known problem or just me... faulty chuck maybe? who knows? Thanks again.

I'm at 3005 on boxing...and I suck at the bag. I don't think your nunchuck is faulty. I have found that the more I box the less responsive the nunchuck becomes (just for that boxing session.) This absolutely kills me when playing the computer b/c when it doesn't respond it leaves me wide open for a combo from the computer. The nunchuck works just fine in my other games. When I am able to get my punches to respond I find that alternating hands makes me land punches faster. I think the secret to the bag is probably a combo of a couple of fast punches followed by a big dominant hand hook or uppercut, but my best on the bag is 25 so I really have no idea. If anyone has any bag pointers let me know.

3005 skill level!!!! That's insane!!!

I suggest leaning left and right and back to dodge puches and when you can go in for the punch.

Also do plenty of uppercutts and hooks.

I'm at 3003 right now. I find that keeping good form throughout the fight helps register your punches better. Use quick jabs and then bring your hands right back to the defensive position before you try to punch again. Dodge their big punches and then keep giving them the 1-2. If you block one of their round house punches to the head, you can climb right inside and hit them 4-5 times easy. After you get them three good ones, give them the uppercut or a roundhouse to the body and you'll be done in the first round.

Good luck

Lawdawg

I'm not sure if this is true because I haven't tested this out yet, but one of my friends told me that in boxing, your character tires out when your missing too many of your punches or wasting it. So if that is true, that could be why punching fast in the game is hard. But I'm not sure if this is true so bare with me here.

most i can land is 4 then my guy shits out. im on my way to 2000 currently. still having a blast!

Could be something to that. Maybe the amount your Mii is sweating is indicitive of how tired he is getting and the punches don't do as much damage then?

Back