Wii-sports: Boxing Training

vi3tmix

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Houston, Tx
Having a few troubles with the boxing training, mainly in the third one (practicing punches I believe it was called). I can't quite seem to control where the punches go, it seems fairly inconsistent. I'm lucky to just get a positive score in that exercise since the trainer gets hit so much. Surprised he hasn't fallen down on me yet.

Tried punching in the general direction of the pads but it often goes off in bizarre directions (most problems with the nunchuck hand). For instance, the pad the trainer is holding up is in the upper left, and the left glove somehow manages to hit low and inside (for the cheap crotch shot). How am I supposed to have better control of my gloves?

And as far as the first exercise goes (punching bag), what kind of hits do I need to land to knock them down quicker?

Well if you hold the Wii Remote or Nunchuk horizontally you hit lower, if you hold them vertical you hit higher.(horizontal is a body hit and vertical is a face/higher hit)

Get some Boxing!

hold the remote and nunchuck up in front of your face. Depending on which pad comes up, you have to lean a little in that direction and then jab quickly with that hand. When both pads come up jab with both hands quick. jab low for when Matt holds the pad low. Jab higher when he holds the pad higher. Sometimes he holds the pad way out to the left or right, you then have to lean way out to the left or right before you jab. I have played it many times. My high score is 58.

My boxing rating is 3003.

I LOVE WII

GOOD LUCK!!

LAWDAWG

on the punch bag excercise throw hooks and jabs and its easy to get the bag away the most ive hit away is about 13 or 14:lol:

Wii-Bhoy said:
on the punch bag excercise throw hooks and jabs and its easy to get the bag away the most ive hit away is about 13 or 14:lol:

wow thats a pathetic score for someone bragging about it.

I think the motion sensing on this is a bit messed up but try the other games or just keep on randomly hitting for no reason :lol:

Yeah I have the same problem. I just gave up though. Boxing is number 4 on Wii Sports. Dont really care for it.

I so wanted the boxing to be great. The punches seem to be totally random. It is so noticeable when playing with the trainer.
I thought about adjusting the height on my mii to see if that would help.
I'll also try the tips above with the positioning of the remote --- horizontally you hit lower, vertical you hit higher.
I've been able to knock out 22 bags prior to this technique. I do two jabs left and then a right hook. It's the hook that knocks the bag off. Sometimes though even if I point the remote to the other room, it won't hook.
Do you think there will be a way to 'update' the boxing or is someone coming out with a true boxing game?

Coach

LOL...I actually went to my gym, premiere fitness on dixie rd, toronto (if anyone wants to do the same) they have boxing training free promos, so i went and trained with a professional boxer and got some awesome tips hehehe

Here's the deal: Wii Sports Boxing is NOT designed to track real punches - it's a GESTURE-BASED CONTROL SYSTEM! A quick online search will reveal what gestures (controller tilts/thrusts) are needed to perform each type of punch. You cannot just pretend that you are shadow boxing or sparring and get any type of consistent control. The game controls were simply not designed that way.

i love wii boxing!especially training..knocking down as many punching bags as you can is my fav...the most ive hit is 44.im ranked at 2004,im gunna keep goin:)

Back