WII SPORTS - GOLF - Scores, tips, tricks

Yeh, I am obsessed with golf. I have an 11 under best score but I focus on the intermediate to get holes in ones. I have 10 holes in ones!

My best is about -4 or -5..

no hole in ones... i was totally psyched when i got a double eagle ("albatros") at hole 5 (luck), but i f*cked it up at hole 7 when i hit a damn log at the rough - out of course border :mad:

I totally hate golf in real, but on Wii it rocks!

Yeh, I have holes in one but not 1 albatross :-(
Also, getting an eagle on hole 1 is tough.
I usually screw my round up at hole 7 as well. I always go for the shortcut and it usually goes out of bounds. I really want a hole in one on hole 7, it isn't impossible as I have hit is past the hole about 20 times.

Yeh, I have holes in one but not 1 albatross :-(
Also, getting an eagle on hole 1 is tough.
I usually screw my round up at hole 7 as well. I always go for the shortcut and it usually goes out of bounds. I really want a hole in one on hole 7, it isn't impossible as I have hit is past the hole about 20 times.

I enjoy the Wii Sports Golf game the best in that package. A friend is coming over this weekend and bringing his copy of Tiger Woods Golf which I believe has 18 different 18 hole courses on it. Looking forward to see how it plays.

Re golf, I assume the "power" bar shows relative power with NO wind. If the bar shows 4 clicks to reach the cup, the swing will have to be at least 3 1/2 to come close to the aiming point. If there is a wind factor, the swing will have to be adjusted.

My best game has been -3. The 9th hole can easily ruin your round if you try for a short cut.

my best is -5 and just want to say thanks for the tips guys, ive been trying to go lower but no such luck

I hit a -10 tonight also!!

I've typically been 4-5 under, then did 8 under a couple days ago thinking a repeat is impossible. After all, I hit 8 birdies and 1 par. Then tonight, I hit 1 par, 6 birds, and 2 eagles. Not much room for improvement, but I saw one post of -12. No way to hit better really, unless you have no life.

My question is what is the best rating. Mine is now 1545.

Hole in one

Oh yeah, I also got hole in one on number 4. Not my best round, but never hit a hole in one in real golf!

Lonewolf

My best so far has been an 11 under. My last shot on hole #9 was 2.6 feet from the hole, so a -12 is possible, but everything just needs to be right.

Something that has helped me be a little more consistent is holding my left hand in front of me (I am right handed) and swinging my controller into it when either putting or short chipshots. This stops the controller forward motion and allows for more consistent levels on the swing meter. Hope it helps.
:yesnod:

Attachments

• Aug 4, 2009.JPG
    Aug 4, 2009.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,406
I am guessing that the skill level could go up to around 1800 if a person was to continue getting top scores. Mine tends to fluctuate around the 1700 mark depending on the scores. A -9 will take it down when it is at the 1750 mark. Here is what my top one to date looks like.

Attachments

• SDC10483.JPG
    SDC10483.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,037
Hi all Best round is -6 atm Have got a hole in one though. i jumped around the lounge room like i had ants in my pants :D I was so excited. Anyone else Scored a a hole in one? Ill try to Get a SS.

Funkyphil, Nice going ! I had been playing awhile, but have had 9 Aces so far in Wii sports golf. I don't play it anymore, as I have gone to Wii Sports Resort golf. You would really like it as you have many more choices of clubs, ie: putter,wedge, 3,5,7,9,3 wood, driver, and can put backspin on the ball and hook or slice as you deem necessary. It also plays 18 holes, 9 new ones and also the back nine is the same as you play on the original Wii sports. It has a bonus three holes that open up after you reach a certain level. I have made several hole in ones on this game also. It is neat to hit a shot with backspin an see the ball back up into the hole. Attached is my current record on Resort. I have a friend that made a -20. Good shooting !

Attachments

• New Record.JPG
    New Record.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 3,117
Back