Wii staying warm while its turned off.

Crick

WiiChat Member
Feb 19, 2007
alrighty i got a question, is it just me or my Wii tends to heat up even though its turn off? i mean i was thinking could it be the internet updating (Wireless btw) or is it just a normal thing.

Is it like, on as in the orange light is still on? If so then this is normal, well.. you're not the only one lol as mine does the same

There is 2 ways to turn of your Wii.

you can either turn it off, with automatic updates on. Which means that the Wii still stays connected to the internet incase updates are available. So the will is still "turned" on in way

or you can go into your internet preferences and turn off this automatics update funtion so that it doesn't stay on and heat up

myn does the same but i dont beleave it can cause damage to your wii.

if worst comes to worst. Just unplug the power cord :D

ok good :) i thought it was just me =P but thanx for the replys :)

it does it automaticly so the wii will not get cold and get the shivers

sorry but, geez, all the stupidity, the Wii has 2 shut of modes, Red meand fully off, orange means off but wireless card on, you can use both with the same power button, if you press it once and let it go, it will go into orange mode, leaving the wireless card on, because the rest of the console is off, the unused power creates heat, when the console is off but the wireless card is still on that mode is called standby, because it's not truely off, just doing nothing, the wireless card has someting like wake on lan that makes the disc drive light glow, if you hold down the power button even with WiiConnect24 enabled, the console will fully shut off, producing a red light, if you unplug it and plug it back in, you will notice the red light comes on, not the orange

just RTFM

Back