Wii Stolen!!!!!!!!!

celebfan

WiiChat Member
May 3, 2011
Hey everyone.
I just bought a Wii on Sunday evening. I live in a relatively safe neighborhood, so I left it in the car, because I was really tired (got home at 3 a.m.) Next morning, I find my car's window (near driver's side) smashed. Wii and some other things were missing. I went inside and called Nintendo, but they couldn't help me at all, because it hadn't been registered AND I had no serial number. I looked at the receipt (it's from Wal-Mart), and there's nothing resembling a serial number. Nintendo said it should be right under the bar-code number of the box on the receipt. All there is is the scanned bar-code number. Under that is the subtotal, then the total. NO SERIAL NUMBER!!!!!!!!! I thought Wal-Mart was supposed to do that for electronics. They did it when I bought a harddrive from them. So, Nintendo can't do anything. Thinnk the police will even bother? I can't see that they can do anything either. I called Wal-Mart about it, and they said, since the serial number's not close to the bar-code, it doesn't get scanned. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds a bit like your buggered then.
Never leave expensive things in your car on display.

You could always look at any s/h shops if theres one recently put for sale in one that might be it, but you will have to prove its yours

This **** always happens in the states and sadly I live here lol
Sorry about your lose dude, just next time don't leave crap like that

on display for some punk ass to steal it.

hmmm what little i know from the law tells me the police SHOULD take a car break-in seriously and you should -as i hope you are doing- survey the neighboorhood for eye witnesses. i would have to know what type of community you're in to know what priority this is to the law, and also how obvious it was that there was there was a wii in the car. any two-bit thug knows a console can be traded for drugs without going to a pawn shop.

good luck with that.

Back