wii strap recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

cake

wii.can
Dec 7, 2006
california
ok, you guys have probably heard all about the wii strap recall... i just wanted to post the picture and info of how acctualy thick the new strap is.

"Nintendo will allow customers to exchange the old strap attachments, which have a 0.024 inch diameter, for a beefed-up strap that has a diameter of 0.04 inch, company spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said. The worldwide recall is expected to cost the company several million dollars."

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/straps.jsp, this link shows the difference between the new strap and the old strap. this will not be a good thing to nintendo, as the article said- "The worldwide recall is expected to cost the company several million dollars." it will hopfully not affect nintendo in a big way. i guess all we can do is wait and see.
:idea:

Last edited:
Believe me, people will find a way to break the new strap. Why? Because people are stupid.

Seriously most people who have Wii's aren't Nintendo Fans
If you break it your an idiot.
My brother is upstairs playing the Wii without the Strap and he's drunk. Playing Bowling and Baseball does he let go.. NO!!!

If you are a true Nintendo Fan you don't make a big deal of you being stupid and make the company loose money

IDIOTS......

:mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5:

Wii_Smurf said:
Seriously most people who have Wii's aren't Nintendo Fans
If you break it your an idiot.
My brother is upstairs playing the Wii without the Strap and he's drunk. Playing Bowling and Baseball does he let go.. NO!!!

If you are a true Nintendo Fan you don't make a big deal of you being stupid and make the company loose money

IDIOTS......

seriously. but it isnt just because youre a nintendo fan. if these people had half a brain then this wouldnt be happening.

-SpideyKonfusion :prrr:

the recall isnt nescesary. people nowadays are retarded and if anything goes wrong they freak out. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the wrist strap. and face it, the wii has so much criticism. all my friends hate it (maybe cause their x-box\pc\sony\anti everything nintendo fanboys) but i think it is the coolest thing ever!!!

How hard is it to hold the controller, I mean come on people?! Hell my dad is 50 yo and still can beat me at bowling (yes its sad but true) and he has yet to lose control of it. Although my Fiance did hit our pitbull in the head and make her shake but we all laughed, controller works fine after that.

technically its not a recall because you dont have to return your strap before they send the new one. if they did, it would just cause more "accidents" because people would be playing strap-less! instead, annoying little kids will order four new straps for the one wiimote they have... :mad5:

ummm why did they do this??? all you have to do is put a message on the box saying if your and idiot dont use remote.
Listen this is just America's being stupid, if you break that sting its becuse
1) your trying too
2) your an idiot
end of story.

ok well i hope you guys arent telling me im an idiot because i never broke mine.
and the articl i read in the newspaper said that you go to your local game retailor and get a newstrap... not send them in. and you guys need to cool down a little bit. stop insulting people.

Yeah, its not just about being an idiot. In wiisports, it's necessary for many people to use the remote as if they are actually performing the action. my dad for example has to hold the wiimote like a baseball bat for it to be comfortable for him. We have gloves on our wiimotes, so they ar emuch easier to grip, but a sweaty palm could send that thing flying. We always wear the wriststrap and it's not likely it will snap if we ever did let go of the wiimote, but better to be safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back