Wii through Media Center PC Composite Input

inureface

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2008
Hey everyone, I have a 3 year old HP m1095c media center PC running media center 2004. I have downloaded all updates, drivers, etc. On this PC, it has a PCI tv tuner card and some unknown card or whatever that accepts composite input through the front. What program do I need to use to be able to display that composite input onto my monitor? I know the input is being received, becasue when I went into the media center app, it showed the wii screen on composite video 2, but I could not set it to my default.

What program do I need? Also, are there any techniques or other software I can use to minimize the lag between input? I remember I attached my gamecube to PC a long time ago (same PC) through the RFU adapter and there was horrible 2-3 second lag which made smash bros melee unplayable.

Thanks for the help!

For software, if the media center app is receiving, I'd just use that. I've seen some free programs out there for TV tuners, but they are as good as unusable. As far as the lag, it's just how those cards are, there is no way around it.

Alright, well, after browsing through a ton of threads, I came across the app WinAVI which allowed me to see the wii video input but not audio. It is also lag free by some miracle (I disabled encoding or something like that). All that is left is to make it receive the audio. Maybe someone can help me with that aspect?

inureface said:
Alright, well, after browsing through a ton of threads, I came across the app WinAVI which allowed me to see the wii video input but not audio. It is also lag free by some miracle (I disabled encoding or something like that). All that is left is to make it receive the audio. Maybe someone can help me with that aspect?

haha, i was actually going to recommend using WinAvi. it's what i use when i wanna watching something thru my computer. it's easy to record replays and stuff that way too.

do you have an input for sound through your sound card? there should be one if it's a "media center PC". there isn't any lag either, from my experience with it.

Back