Wii Troubleshooting

Are updates required for newer games like Mario Party 8? I have a friend whom I let borrow but it wouldn't even boot up in his system =/ I just want to confirm that updates are required.

help plz help

ok well i took my wii to a friends house for like half a day today and when i brought it home i plug it into my tv and the tv says "this signal tv system is different from the recorders settings"
i have no idea what to do so if anyone knows plz help!

from Wiisomewii

i'm a newb... i hate that word.

i just bought a wii, and it was working fine on my tv, but when i brought it to my girlfriends house (her tv is bigger than mine), i noticed that now the cursors lag a little bit. it's like they're almost a fraction of a second behind... could this just be that the tv is bigger, or could there be something wrong? that's the only problem though. it doesn't skip or disappear, just lags a little, and it seems that the second controller might be a little slower than the first... please help this newb

i do not know whats wrong with my wii . i just got it and when i hook it up to my television, the screen starts to roll can any one help me? my e-mail address is [email protected].

:ciappa: i do not know whats wrong with my wii . i just got it and when i hook it up to my television, the screen starts to roll can any one help me? my e-mail address is [email protected].

smiller92 said:
i just bought a new metroid prime 3 game and put it in my wii. the wii didn't show anything in the disc channel so I clicked on it and had to have a wii update. i then tried to start the game, but there was an error that said the disc could not be read. this was a BRAND NEW GAME. i'm sending the game back for a replacement but could this be a problem with my wii?
This is proving to be a common problem believe it or not. Rumor has it that MP3 taxes the system to the point that it can bring out flaws in a system that previously had no troubles prior. Silly as it may sound however if your system is still under warranty rent Metroid Prime 3 and play it awhile, just to see if yours is one of these "hidden flawed" systems. Better late than never.

Again, everyone needs to contact Nintendo via website or phone. I do not recommend e-mail as it seems Nintendo is a bit slow to respond to them.

(Guys with vibrating/"buzzing" discs. CALL NINTENDO!! Had the same problem and as soon as it was mentioned, they immediately began the service sequence questionnaire. Call before your warranties are up, and call before putting Wii points onto the console's internal ID if possible.)

Wiiconnect24 not working

Ok my problem is the fallowing, i can't seem to access the news channel, it says "unable to coonect to wiiconnect24" yet i'm currently using the opera browser on the wii

help

Edit: Nevermind..it just suddenly started working xDDD

Last edited:
Check your primary internet connection. Maybe your internet connection is interrupted.

I've added a couple of people to my Wii, and they have done the same. Problem is their names are still grey...what's wrong?

D S said:
I've added a couple of people to my Wii, and they have done the same. Problem is their names are still grey...what's wrong?
I found it to be kinda screwy like that myself. Try sending a message anyways, or delete them and start the process over again. Just guessing...

FIFA intro freezing

Hi. im new here. wonder if someone would be so kind to help me.

I had fifa 08 for 2 days and it was working fine. then on sunday it froze in the intro on the screen where it has all the league logos.I returned the game and got a repacement but that one does it too. Is this a problem with my wii.

It has been making slight noises on a couple of games since i got it a month ago but they only sound like any machine thats disc reading or the lazer movng.

Please help me...

scfc97 said:
Hi. im new here. wonder if someone would be so kind to help me.

I had fifa 08 for 2 days and it was working fine. then on sunday it froze in the intro on the screen where it has all the league logos.I returned the game and got a repacement but that one does it too. Is this a problem with my wii.

It has been making slight noises on a couple of games since i got it a month ago but they only sound like any machine thats disc reading or the lazer movng.

Please help me...
Sounds like the classic "bad drive", call Nintendo man... :(

i think you should take it into a shop for a check, just for sure.. is the exhaust thing at the back blocked by a wall or something? you might want to move it if it is.. cos your wii will over heat.. and then DIE!!!! :frown2: :frown2

Wii AC adapter

Hi proud Wii owners...i am proud too :yesnod: i bought it today, i would to like ask ..i noticed that Wii ac adapter makes noise on standby mode (not really loud) , and when i turn it on the noise stops..do i have to worry? is it normal?did you notice the same thing ? or :crazy: ?

Last edited:
Back