Wii VC oppinions

Kingston

Mohh2 Name: TheHater
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
Could you guys tell me what the games Starfox 64, Toejam and earl, and golden axe are like? also I'd like to know what upcoming wii games will have
internet capabilities. Help with any of these would be great:smilewinkgrin:

Unless you played it as a kid, skip Toejam and Earl.

It is/was horrible. There are some that like it but I think that has to do with childhood memories.

Golden Axe is a good beat 'em up. Very standard fare, although i'd go with the 2nd one. A good overall game, basically you walk across a level from left to right, beating up enemies with 2 or 3 punch/kick combinations and move on. Similar to games like TMNT 2: the arcade game & Streets of Rage. Just midieval

Even though the videos Nintendo puts up are pretty bad (they usually take about 10-15 seconds before they even start playing the beginning >.>), they can at least show you partially what the main gameplay will be like. Just check the site out: http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp

I also highly suggest going to IGN and read some reviews on interesting Virtual Console games. That's what I do to get suggestions for possible buys.

As for the games you suggested, I've heard comments from both sides, but if I were you, I probably would skip those three, go to IGN, check out their reviews, and decide from there. You really don't want to buy games you end up disliking. Look at China Warrior for example, I've heard absolutely terrible things about it. On IGN, when reviewing the game for 'Lasting Appeal', IGN replied "Lasts only as long as it takes you to realize your error, navigate to the Wii's data management menu and confirm deletion."

So yeah, just make sure you know what you're getting. Try and see what kind of play value you're going to get too.

Hopefully this helps you out. :)

Listen to someone who has owned these games and has played them.

Go with Starfox 64~ You won't be disappointed.

its shocking to see a lot of people on here have never played most of the VC games.

GO WITH STARFOX!

Atar fox is so awesome! i still play it on my n64. it is a game i wil always keep. it brought awesome memories, it was also the 1st game to use force feedback in the controller (not available on the wii). There are many different planets to navaigate and which one you goto next depends on how you beat the previous planet. There us also multiplayer!

go w/ starfox~

Last edited:
WAUW starfox 64 !! Now Im almost certainly at least going to buy 2 VC Games as opposed to none lol

Paper mario and starfox 64 ( drewl )

Starfox 64 is a nice flying/shooting game. Also has fun multi-player

cyberzomby said:
WAUW starfox 64 !! Now Im almost certainly at least going to buy 2 VC Games as opposed to none lol

Paper mario and starfox 64 ( drewl )

Starfox 64 is a nice flying/shooting game. Also has fun multi-player

Hmmm the multiplayer in starfox isnt all as good as i remebered but the singleplay is amazing.
For a good multiplayer get mariokart 64

Back