Wii WebBrowser?

Go to the wii shop channel and download the opera browser from the software section .. .. .. it costs 500 wii points (about £3.50) to buy.

Yes you can buy the Internet Channel off the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. You can order them with a credit/debit card if you want instead.

Note that the Internet Channel is not the same as a regular browser. This Internet Channel supports only flash player 7 and does not support java. You can still view youtube videos and stuff.

if nintendo gave you the opertunty to costumize the brower with any browser or item, would browser would u choose? i for one would want firefox as my browser with flash 7 or 8 and jave.

twobadfish said:
I was a little surprised that the browser cost anything at all...

It was free for those who downloaded it before June 07.

It is also free if you bought your Wii recently (not sure how far back this applies).

You can trade in your stars for points after registering your Wii and Wii Sports. From this you receive 500 points....the amount required to download the Internet channel :thumbsup:

Pantalaimn said:
What is this stars for points business?? Did I miss something?

When you register your Wii and Wii Sports on the ninendo club website you are given an amount of stars (something like 2250 in total - don't quote me on that)....these stars can then be used to buy silly little things like key-rings and the like.

However, you can also trade those stars for a total of 500 points. However, it would appear this has to be done in batches of 100....therefore you have to go through the process 5 times. I say this as every time I've logged into the site only 100 points have been available to trade at one time. Moreover, only one transfer is allowed within a 24hr period.

You are given a code after each trade, you then enter the code into your Wii (under the shop channel) which you can use to download the Internet Channel (as it's 500 points) or you can put the 500 points towards something else....once you top up the amount with more points (that you have to buy yourself).

Pantalaimn said:
What is this stars for points business?? Did I miss something?

I believe this whole star points system is only for Europe (Japan too maybe?) but not in the US.

Back