wii points from star points

mad1234

WiiChat Member
Oct 9, 2006
Wii world
does anyone know when we will be able to use the star points from nintendos web site to buy wii points & how do you do it?

srry if this sounds stupid, but wat are star points?

zapasant93 said:
srry if this sounds stupid, but wat are star points?
Star Points are the points that can be collected using a Nintendo Account. Points are added to your account whenever you register games or hardware which are produced or published by Nintendo.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
• Interested in contributing to Wikipedia? •Jump to: navigation, search
The Stars Catalogue is a catalogue of the items which are available through Nintendo of Europe's and Nintendo of Japan's customer loyalty scheme. The name is also commonly used to refer to the loyalty scheme itself.

Items from the catalogue can be purchased in exchange for "stars", which are points awarded for the purchase of first-party hardware and titles. Stars are also awarded for the purchase of certain third-party titles. Other methods of obtaining stars include participating in surveys, inviting others to become a member and even simply visiting a web site.

On December 8th, 2006 Nintendo Europe confirmed that Star Points, can be converted to Wii Points[1]. The rate of exchange and the start date for the program has not yet been announced, although on 23rd March 2007 a "test item" for 1000 Wii Points in the catalogue that could initially only be seen by Nintendo Europe editors accidentally went live.[2] The item was offered for 789 Stars, but in an email sent on 29 March 2007 to those who bought one of the 1500 on offer, "the price of 789 stars used during the testing period was entirely random."[3]. The email offered the option either to reimburse the 789 Stars which were spent or for the user to be given the 1,000 Wii Points they had bought.

From the 15th of July 2007, all new and current NOE members were asked to sign a new agreement regarding their earned Star Points. If members did not want to accept the new terms and conditions members were told that that Nintendo "will be forced to deactivate your Nintendo membership". The new agreement included a clause that stated all Stars earned will automatically expire 24 months after they were added and that all Stars earned before the new agreement will expire on the 1st of June 2008. [4]

Along with the new members agreement Nintendo also stated that all members who have linked their Wii Shop Channel account to their online Nintendo membership will soon be able to swap their Star Points for Wii Points.
from wikipedia

I just noticed tomorrow I'll have 8000 Star Points! Hooray For Me! Now all I need is a Black Wii...

how do i view how many star points i have from Nintendo.com? do i have to link my Nintendo account to the wii shop channel to view star points?

so i guess i'll have to wait to find out:sad: hope its before my star points expire or i'll have wasted 7500 points waiting:mad5:

Back