Wii will not accept Internet Password. Please help.

JAG

WiiChat Member
Apr 20, 2011
NC
I am trying to help my girlfriend set up the Internet to her Wii. She has a laptop, a Linskey Wireless router, she is running Windows XP. She was able to find the access point but when it asked for her Internet password it kept saying that it was wrong. And she typed it in correctly but it would still say it was wrong. And she got stuck. Her internet is locked so only those in her household can use it. So, I came here to get some help for her. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

it could be a case where the wii just doesn't accept the correct font, and not understanding the problem well the easiest solution would be to change your network password so the wii wouldn't be so fussy. good luck :) and hang on in case someone has a different solution.

Alright, thanks. I will see if she can do that. How do you go about changing the network password?

Yeah, I googled it and think I got it figured out. I also heard that there are codes to try for the password as well. I was thinking someone here could tell me about finding these codes. Not sure if they are router codes or what.

You can try making the router 'open' not secured with a password, and try and connect that way, at least you'll know that your wii can connect to your router properly.

Once you've established that you can, you can put your security back on the router, if you can set the security type try WEP (128)

The wii may be the same as the ds, and the ds seems to only be ok with wep security......
Its a long shot but surely worth a shot....

Thanks for the help. She got it working last night. She uninstalled the router then reinstalled it and did something with the password and then it worked. I don't know what she did but she got it working and didn't have any problems. Thanks for all the help.

Back