Connecting Wii to Internet

Gozumaki

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2008
Hi,

I've searched for a good while looking for answers but to no success. Hopefully this post can help me.

My Girlfriend has a Wii and I'm not sure what things I need to get it working on the Internet, the thing that's troubling me is her modem and how everything would be connected to it for Wii Internet. Please see link for images of the modem.

http://cgi.ebay.es/CABLE-MODEM-EPC2100-SERIES-WEBSTAR_W0QQitemZ170178722780QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure about the port on the far right and how it will connect to a router if I have to get one?

So if anybody can guide me in the right direction on how to get Wii connected that would be much appreciated. Her connection is with Virgin Media.

Thanks.

OK done a bit more research, so to get this thing working to the WIRED modem I need a LAN adaptor.

Now I'm assuming I need a network hub to have the wire running from the Adaptor (plugged into Wii) to the hub? (connected to modem)

If this is so do I just connect the hub to the existing modem? with ease?

Gozumaki said:
OK done a bit more research, so to get this thing working to the WIRED modem I need a LAN adaptor.

Now I'm assuming I need a network hub to have the wire running from the Adaptor (plugged into Wii) to the hub? (connected to modem)

If this is so do I just connect the hub to the existing modem? with ease?

That's what I meant by, "I hope you got a wireless connection" ...Yes, you need a Nintendo LAN Adaptor.. It connects to the USB on your computer. Just plug it in, and install the CD (if they have one), and you'll be all set. Test your connection and stuff on the Wii.. and yep!

okey doke? and what about the hub?

Will it work if I unplug the ethernet from modem to comp and have ethernet runnin from modem to adaptor in the wii?

Back