Wii will not power on

mcgeary

WiiChat Member
Jun 23, 2010
North Carolina
Wii console was in use when the power went out. After power came on, Wii console would not. We have unplugged and pressed the reset button, but still no power. What else should we try?

If anyone you know has a Wii, try using their power supply and see if it works.

Is it plugged into a power strip/surge protector?

Wii console was in use when the power went out. After power came on, Wii console would not. We have unplugged and pressed the reset button, but still no power. What else should we try?

Our power goes out a lot and wii won't come on even if not in use at the time of the outage. I took our Wii to a game shop to find out if it was the cord or the Wii. the clerk plugged it in with my old cord and it worked. Don't know why but have had to plug into different socket several times to get it working again after outages. now it's only plugged in when we are playing.
The clerk said this is a common problem.

Our power goes out a lot and wii won't come on even if not in use at the time of the outage. I took our Wii to a game shop to find out if it was the cord or the Wii. the clerk plugged it in with my old cord and it worked. Don't know why but have had to plug into different socket several times to get it working again after outages. now it's only plugged in when we are playing.
The clerk said this is a common problem.

Yes it is, sometimes the wii just doesn't respond for quite sometime (do not know the reason of this, yet...) but apparently when connected after a few days after the outage, it works. I have been repairing consoles for over 6 months now and about 60% of the wii that comes in for repair, they claim the power went out and when I test them, they work.

Back