Wii WIRELESS Classic Controller

its call plug it into the wii remote, its wireless to the console. or just use a wavebird

You plug the classic controller into the Wii Remote? By the way, you can't use the wavebird on classic NES and SNES games (and others too).

CaliforniaBeachUSA said:
By the way, you can't use the wavebird on classic NES and SNES games (and others too).
Not true. Contrary to what nintendo says, the wavebird works at least for Donkey Kong (NES), Mario Brothers (NES), and Super Mario 64 (N64). I've downloaded those and use my wavebird to play them. Even though I haven't used it for any SNES games so far, don't see why it wouldn't work.

CaliforniaBeachUSA said:
Has this been announced at all? Even by third party companies?

Um, the Classic controller is already wireless. If you mean something that doesn't have to plug into the Wiimote then get a Wavebird. . .it's supposed to work with most VC games (not all, but most).

Whatver, I'm with you man! I won't buy a classic controller until it's fully wireless. Then again, I won't buy one anyway because they want way too much for games that I already have emulated on my xbox.

If you want Nintendo to produce a fully wireless Classic controller (no attaching to Wiimote) then plan on spending $35 or $40 dollars to get it instead of the $20 that you can get one for now. I personally perfer the $20 price since it is basically wireless anyways.

Yes you can use the Wavebird on classic NES and SNES games

CaliforniaBeachUSA said:
You plug the classic controller into the Wii Remote? By the way, you can't use the wavebird on classic NES and SNES games (and others too).

Please, before making such statements, make sure you check your facts. The fact is that you can use Gamecube controllers for basically any virtual console game. In face, I have yet to see a virtual console game that will not work with Gamecube controllers. I have 2 wavebirds and a classic controller and we have no problem whipping up a three person game of bomberman (I'd love to have more, but stocks of accessories being what they are right now...)

To tell what controller a virtual console game needs, visit the page for it in the Wii Shop channel. You'll you'll see some icons in the corner by the screenshot. One may look like a Wii Remote, another a classic controller, and a third like the Gamecube controller. Every game I remember looking at had BOTH the classic and Gamecube controller pictured.

This may be a silly question with an obvious answer but here it is.

The games on the VC, and the controllers each game displays on the download page, are those the only controllers that will work for the game? I don't have any controller but the Wiimote / Nunchuk and Mario 64 doesn't show the Wiimote. I assumed that means it's not compatible with it.

Master Wii said:
This may be a silly question with an obvious answer but here it is.

The games on the VC, and the controllers each game displays on the download page, are those the only controllers that will work for the game? I don't have any controller but the Wiimote / Nunchuk and Mario 64 doesn't show the Wiimote. I assumed that means it's not compatible with it.

You are correct. . . and yes that was an obvious answer (no picture = no compatibility).

Back