Wii wont connect to the net

myloveispure

...and justice for all
May 26, 2007
Wii Online Code
1255-5362-6050-5227
I've had this problem for like 5 months and still cant find a solution. I took my wii to my friends house and i got the wii working online there. It was my first time connecting my wii online. Anyway, like a month later, i bought a wireless router and tried to connect my wii online but i keep failing. My wii picks up my access point and my ssid but when it goes to do a connection test, it fails with error code 52030 i think it was. I tried to enter the internet settings manualy, but it still didnt work. My router is a Netcomm NB5Plus4W. Im going to buy mario strikers charged soon so i need to connect online asap. Should i do a whole system restore and try it then?Maybe its because the wii is configured to my friends router, even though i clear all the net settings and and entered my routers settings...

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Did you say you already tried new connection settings on the Wii? Try a brand new wireless connection with automatic settings on the Wii and see what happens. Call Nintendo if this doesn't work, you should find the 800 number on the box or in the instruction manual. Believe me, they can get you fixed up pretty quick. Hopefully you don't have one of those routers that doesn't work on the Wii. You do have high speed or broadband right?

Last edited:
Have you made sure you entered the correct security settings and stuff? Dunno if that is the problem but you could try it anyway?

WiiBad said:
Did you say you already tried new connection settings on the Wii? Try a brand new wireless connection with automatic settings on the Wii and see what happens. Call Nintendo if this doesn't work, you should find the 800 number on the box or in the instruction manual. Believe me, they can get you fixed up pretty quick. Hopefully you don't have one of those routers that doesn't work on the Wii. You do have high speed or broadband right?
Yes i tried a brand new wireless connection with my modem. Those 1800 numbers cost too much so it'll be my last option. I've got broadband at 100mbsp so thats ultra fast. Im sure any wireless router with a famous brand name will work.

Maybe its the secuirty on my router blocking wii. Ive got WEP secuirty. This is my wep settings on my router:

wepig2.png

do i have to change/add anything there to connect me wii online?

Um, that's not a very....Working Key...Spaces aren't allowed. If you want a hashed key, PM me a word, and choose an encryption strength.

myloveispure said:
Yes i tried a brand new wireless connection with my modem. Those 1800 numbers cost too much so it'll be my last option. I've got broadband at 100mbsp so thats ultra fast. Im sure any wireless router with a famous brand name will work.
It's an 800 number. Toll free. If you have yet to get it working, they can help. It should say toll free next to the number that is on the box or in the instruction manual.

OmegaForte said:
Um, that's not a very....Working Key...Spaces aren't allowed. If you want a hashed key, PM me a word, and choose an encryption strength.
WHat do you mean?You seen the picture...does that mean the wii is being blocked?

Oh, and about that 800 number, is that Australian?I cant find any 800 anywhere on the wii box and its booklets.

WiiBad said:
(800)255-3700. Should work for anywhere in the world.
Lol i dont think its free to anyone. Anyway, i connected my wii online. I just disabled WEP secuirty from my broswer and the connected. Thanks everyone

Well, with WEP disabled, everyone and their grandma and even her dog scooter can connect to your network which could be harmless, or could cost you your identity. If your wireless access point (In this case, your modem) has a feature called MAC authority, or Mac access control, then get the MAC address from your WII and put it in there, then enable it. Other than that, I seriously suggest you spend some time on google learning how wireless networks function, and how to secure them.

But isnt that only for people who are in range?Im really scared now...When i do a acess point search my wii picks up like 10 connections...most of them without a password. How can i check what devices and how many are connected to my router wirelessy?Also, i did that MAC filtering thing before and it didnt work.

And oh yeh, You Said something like you can find me a WEP key. You see, the problem is that when i enable WEP on my router i cant connect to my wii online for some reason...even though i put the write key in...or i think i do. Can i add a key to the WEP security?You said you can words to find its value or something. Can you encrpyt "Nurgul" for me(without the ") so i can use it as my key?When im entering that key, am i going to enter the word or the encrpyted letters?

Last edited:
My antenna array has a 2km range. That is a VERY long range, and it's made with common household stuff. An empty soup can, a broken lamp, a pringles can wrapped in aluminum foil very tightly, ten copper thumbtacks, and just a little bit of RJ10 cable with the right connector on it. There are people who look for open wireless access points in their spare time, such as me. I go wardriving in the richer neighborhoods over here and write down addresses of open or lightly secured access points. I am not uncommon. There are many like me in every country.

Back