wii won't read games after installing the netflix disc

Yes it can read the netflix disc. I was thinking that maybe the wii is trying to read the games as the netflix disc and maybe thats why it doesn't recognize them. It just started happening after I set up the netflix. Is there something I need to change when I put a game in to make it read the discs as games? Does that even make sense? I looked on the netflix site and the nintendo site and googled it and I found nothing- so it seems like no one has had this problem- either that or they figured it out.

The Netflix disc isn't anything different. The Wii plays it just like a game disc except that it just happens to stream video instead of running a game. Running it should have no affect on anything else.

When trying to run a game, do you get an error message or any sort?

When you put the games in they seem to work fine and then after the main screen- before the game starts, it says it can't read the disc and refers me to the manual.

When you put the games in they seem to work fine and then after the main screen- before the game starts, it says it can't read the disc and refers me to the manual.

Solution:

First buy the "Nintendo disk lens cleaner", and try to update your firmware to ver. 4.3, some people report that the new firmware fix this issue.

Also try to clean your Wii lens often...
To avoid this problem in the future....

In addition, watch what Stickmode is cooking in the near future "?"

.......................................................................................!!?!!

Solution:

First buy the "Nintendo disk lens cleaner", and try to update your firmware to ver. 4.3, some people report that the new firmware fix this issue.

Also try to clean your Wii lens often...
To avoid this problem in the future....

In addition, watch what Stickmode is cooking in the near future "?"

.......................................................................................!!?!!

How do I update firware? I have no idea how to do that :) To clean the lens I am buying the lens cleaner- can I just get that anywhere? Do you know if it is a disc or if there is something special I need to know how to do? I get nervous messing with anything like our game consols. Also, what did you mean by watch what you are cooking in the near future "?" ?

Back