WiiChat Countdown Widget

NateTheGreat

Pondering Member
Jun 30, 2006
A basement on the hill.
Wii Online Code
4054-9249-4284-3802
Well, it's been a long time coming and now we can finally announce the official WiiChat Countdown Widget!

wiiwidget-screenshot-front.png

This widget will count down to Wii's release day, for whatever country you are from - North America, UK/Europe, Australia, or Japan.

By clicking on the little "i" that appears when you mouse over the widget, it will flip to the back where a link to this forum can be clicked.

Yes, there may be a few of these widgets already out, but sorry, none look as nice as this, although I might be a bit biased considering I made it.:D

The only bad news is that this is for Mac users only (and perhaps some Linux users, if I understand right). I'm still new to creating widgets, so I'm trying to learn how to create one that Windows users can use through either Konfabulator or Opera's Widget service.

This widget should also bring this site even more members as I will be submitting it to Apple's Widget database soon for approval.

Go to the following page to download the widget, which is less than 1MB in size: http://www.wiichat.com/wii-countdown-widget.php

Enjoy!
:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Thanks iOn. I'm glad everyone is liking it and I'll try to get a Windows version working soon.:)

Last edited:
windows has widgets? WHAT ARE WIDGETS? and yah AWESOME job on getting in the apple site, i would take that as a honor

Sovieto said:
windows has widgets? WHAT ARE WIDGETS? and yah AWESOME job on getting in the apple site, i would take that as a honor
Widgets are little applications that run either on your desktop if you're a Windows user or in Dashboard if you're a Mac user. Think of the calculator in Windows. It actually looks like a little calculator on screen. Well, widgets look like that, well atleast the calculator ones. There are tons of widgets, from weather, to sports, to things like bittorrent, and quite a few countdown timers. Windows users can use widgets using an application called Konfabulator, but unfortunatly a Mac widget is not the same as a Windows widget, so the widget I created won't work on Windows.

Yes, Yahoo has some good widgets for windows.
Nice job I wish I could use it but no Mac for me until November-December

Mecko said:
Yes, Yahoo has some good widgets for windows.
Nice job I wish I could use it but no Mac for me until November-December
Yay, a future Mac zealot. :lol:jk Although, you most likely will become a Mac converter once you get your Mac; happens to almost everyone.:D

NateTheGreat said:
Yay, a future Mac zealot. :lol:jk Although, you most likely will become a Mac converter once you get your Mac; happens to almost everyone.:D
Well so far I belive that becuase my brother got a Mac and he loves it.
They do look pretty good and perform better than most PC's so Mac it is.

Oh sweet, I am going to get this Widget when I get in! Congrats on getting it listed over at Mac.com.

It makes your computer implode and appear in nate's living room.

Back