Wiichat safety ideas

Monsteroids

Psychedelic Snail
Jan 19, 2007
BC, Canada
Wii Online Code
6069-9016-3559-6279
After the Rotlin incident(and all of the dumb questions, spam, etc. a lot of it) I thought of making a thread where users could put in their safety ideas for WiiChat. So BEGIN!!!

P.S. I'm not that good at opening the tread, but you all know what I mean.

I would like a 6 hour ban for posting new threads for new users on their first day
The person can reply as much as they want but must wait for the 6 hours to pass before creating a new thread.

Make new users give a phone number to the moderators in the join application, then have a mod call them up with a standard questionaire such as why they are joining and how they intend to include Wiichat into their daily routine. Could work.

WiiBad said:
Make new users give a phone number to the moderators in the join application, then have a mod call them up with a standard questionaire such as why they are joining and how they intend to include Wiichat into their daily routine. Could work.
Good intentions but what if the person is trying to sign up from China or Russia or maybe Uganda?

paintba||er said:
The only good way to reduce this stuff is to have more mods.

Correction, the only good way to reduce this stuff is to have the mods go back to the way they use to be and use their banning abilility.

This kind of **** happens at every site, and i don't see any of them going to extreme measures like these.

One thread per day? a 6 hour posting ban? please, get that **** out of here. I don't want this place to turn into another gamefags.

Kiwi said:
This kind of **** happens at every site, and i don't see any of them going to extreme measures like these.

One thread per day? a 6 hour posting ban? please, get that **** out of here. I don't want this place to turn into another gamefags.
These changes are only to effect NEW REGISTRATIONS. It wouldnt effect you because you arent new!

Many forums have a new thread ban until you post 30 replies... This is far less severe.

ciper said:
These changes are only to effect NEW REGISTRATIONS. It wouldnt effect you because you arent new!

Many forums have a new thread ban until you post 30 replies... This is far less severe.
I still stand by what i said. Limiting a new user on how many threads they can make is just retarded.

Kiwi said:
I still stand by what i said. Limiting a new user on how many threads they can make is just retarded.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Would promote people to actually keep using there initial thread if they have further questions instead of creating a thread for every thought they have.

You're not going to fix the problem by pissing off the old members with countless rules and such. In fact, you'll probably succeed in pissing off the vast majority of new members as well. Besides, what's to stop some douche from making 20 accounts and posting a thread from each of them? Then, instead of having to ban 1 user, you now have to ban 20. Not only are these suggestions ineffective, but they place a huge strain on the administrators and moderators who would have to clean up the mess.

vagrant said:
Sounds like a good idea to me. Would promote people to actually keep using there initial thread if they have further questions instead of creating a thread for every thought they have.
Do you know how long it would take for some one to get 30 posts? not too long... If i really tried i could probably get that much in 5 - 10 minutes.

i agree with kiwi it happens on all forums we dont need more restrictions, the easiest and most reliable way is to increase the mods. people will always find a loophole no matter what.

Back