Singhson

****** by Syntax
Dec 20, 2007
Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed thr
Wii Online Code
4237-4091-4421-2313
So who's idea was it, hey? lol
1) When did you come up with the idea
2) How do you financially run the website, is it entirely funded by ad's, do you accept donations?
3) What hardship's did you have to overcome, if any,
4) What is your relationship with the other moderator's, and how many are there, and how did you choose them, are they related to you?
5) Have you ever abused your power?
6) Has anybody offered a takeover bid?
7) Has any firm approached you offering money to advertise gear, or alternatively praised you for your work like Nintendo etc?
8) What's the future plans, are you making a new website or planning to refurb this one, any thing on your mind in terms of expansion, like world domination perhaps?
9) Can you make me a moderator?
10) I think you guys are ok, but one of you is a bit gay for not replying to my messages, I'm not sure which one it was, but it was one of you guys.
11) Whats your favourate colour
12) Fill us in on a little history about wiichat, anything crazy ever happened any accidents like trouble getting user's or did you ever have too many?
13) Can you make me a moderator, please?

Many thanks, my friend was telling me to join another forum with many more user's, but to be honest i like wiichat more because i like the community feel of the place, and i am also familiar with many user's.
Also Everyone is very nice here, but i would like to see some argument's, because they are really funny!
Perhaps you could an arguments section, where people can start debates/arguments of thier choice no holds barred, well no swearing ofcourse, also it's a good way to catch more searches i.e., someone searches George W Bush, and wiiwill come up with a massive thread debating about him? if you don't reply i'll understand!
All users feel free to pose your questions too!

I've got about 10minutes or so spare so i'll fire through this quickly :)

1) When did you come up with the idea

Around January 2006 i think... Heard that Nintendo were working on a new console 'Revolution' and having always been a fan of Nintendo since an early age i thought it would be great to build a community around this new console.

2) How do you financially run the website, is it entirely funded by ad's, do you accept donations?

Yes, income to pay the bills is generated by advertising revenue. Although at some point this year i've been planning to introduce a secondary usergroup. Basically an optional membership were members can help support the site and in turn get a few extra priviledges and features on the forum. All earnings will continue to go towards hosting costs and future development.

3) What hardship's did you have to overcome, if any,

Not really sure what you mean, it's pretty much a joy to help run the forums.

4) What is your relationship with the other moderator's, and how many are there, and how did you choose them, are they related to you?

Good i think, i understand their frustrations at times (with me mostly), but as a whole i think we make a good team. I tend to get people who conduct themselves probably on the forum - polite/respectful and add a certain value to the site. Also i dont make mods out of people who ask :)

5) Have you ever abused your power?

kinda, i once got a certain publisher to send me a couple of games my nephew wanted :O

6) Has anybody offered a takeover bid?

Generally get atleast one a month, although this site and the Wii are still in their infancy i have absolutely no plans to sell the site. Im in this for the long term. Plus online forums dont get good til they've been running for 3+ years :p

7) Has any firm approached you offering money to advertise gear, or alternatively praised you for your work like Nintendo etc?

Never heard anything from Nintendo, although the site has been mentioned in a few very respectable magazines and print newspaper. Only merchandise contact was from a guy offering Wii Skins.

8) What's the future plans, are you making a new website or planning to refurb this one, any thing on your mind in terms of expansion, like world domination perhaps?

Good question. I really want to get a friend code adding system in place before Brawl comes out (you long timers will know this has been in the mix for aaagggggeeesss, but yeah it's still coming - i've finally found some trust worthy programmers to help on this).

Apart from that this year we're getting, new design --> frontpage --> user blogs (think i've said too much).

9) Can you make me a moderator?

Please see Question 4. :wink:

10) I think you guys are ok, but one of you is a bit gay for not replying to my messages, I'm not sure which one it was, but it was one of you guys.

Probably Prez.

11) Whats your favourate colour

I like light blue.

12) Fill us in on a little history about wiichat, anything crazy ever happened any accidents like trouble getting user's or did you ever have too many?

Never have enough members :), in the early days i wrote a ton of FAQ's for the Wii - because so little was known about the console that sparked a lot of interest. From about April/May onwards we really hit the ground running.

Accidents? *touch wood* we've been pretty lucky i keep good backups so if the worst did happen we'd hopefully bounce back pretty quick.

13) Can you make me a moderator, please?

Please see Question 9. :wink:

LOL, i think i could do this for a living, thank you for replying!
My favourate colours light blue too, maybe that shows moderator qualities LOL!

Is there potential for WIICHAT to turn out like Google, basically could this website be worth millions one day?

Singhson said:
Is there potential for WIICHAT to turn out like Google, basically could this website be worth millions one day?

Not a chance. It could be extremely popular but do not expect to be a giant corporation:)

how much does that link on google cost??? Sorry if that was an inpertinent question, you should get in touch with nintendo: I buy all my games after talking about them on the forum!

How much does it cost too become a mod a supermod or an administrator

jjrules352 said:
How much does it cost too become a mod a supermod or an administrator

You do not buy your way in. You earn it by being a good member on the forums.

Helping, being respectful and active. That sort of thing:)

Pops his head in

( Did somebody say somethin about long time members ? )
....V
lookjw8.png

What do I win ?

It better not be a punch in the face again
tearsbi3.gif

Apple Guy said:
Dont you mean january 2006?

you're getting your dates confused

it's january 2008 now

so 1 year ago

when's the anniversary anyway? Or did i miss it...

SantaClaws said:
you're getting your dates confused

it's january 2008 now

so 1 year ago

when's the anniversary anyway? Or did i miss it...
no, i0n did mean 2006. he got the idea of the forum 2 years ago and then a few months later got the site online. just look at mine and prinnys join dates. we both joined mid 2006.

yeah i meant 2006 :)

We'll coming up to a 2 year birthday son - heck :yikes:

Back