Dear I0n...

I have a question.

I've reported posts before now, but have only included a short message as to why the said post should be reported.

Exactly what info gets sent to iOn on the report button? Does my name and the offending post get recorded? How about the specific thread?

Should I start adding these details in future when I'm reporting someone?

what i do when i report a thread is write what i found to be offensive and why it should be locked and who should be warned. but be careful. know what youre talking about so its not wasting any mods time.

i assume i0n or whoever receives your report can see who sends them by a PM message saying "insert user name" has reported a thread.

I just mention what rule its breaking and thats about it when I report threads or posts. You don't have to go into great detail when reporting a thread/post just mention which forum rule the user has broken.

Syntax said:
I just mention what rule its breaking and thats about it when I report threads or posts. You don't have to go into great detail when reporting a thread/post just mention which forum rule the user has broken.

i usually do because this way the mod can go right to it and go "OH!" without having to really think 2x about it.

im good like that i guess

Most of the time i0n usually has his status set to invisible or thats what I hear.

Syntax said:
Most of the time i0n usually has his status set to invisible or thats what I hear.

i0n posts stuff that pertains to upcomming games for the wii. only time you see him post things really is under site feed back. OCASSIONALLY you see him in the lounge.

for instance i had a "best of ralph wiggum" video thread and he wrote in it and pasted a "best of stewie" video.

but yes youre right, hes always here hes just invisible.

ETA- most mods have told me he stays in the staff section of wiichat (which obviously is for staff only)

I agreez

We do have mods that get the job done, but they take way too long to get the job done and sometimes by the time they do their job it seems pointless.

We need more mods or atleast mods that have more free time, and we need atleast a couple of mods from each of the main places of Wii Chat such as America, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.

This isn't a small board anymore...

En4Neo said:
I agreez

We do have mods that get the job done, but they take way too long to get the job done and sometimes by the time they do their job it seems pointless.

We need more mods or atleast mods that have more free time, and we need atleast a couple of mods from each of the main places of Wii Chat such as America, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.

This isn't a small board anymore...

exactly :thumbsup:

I used to be an admin/moderator for years at another board that used vBulletin (non related to video games). When a post is reported, it goes to the moderator of that section only, to their email. It will show who reported it and their comment, and the link for the thread is provided.

I'm pretty sure most mods here check their email freguently or are advised to seeing as thats where reported posts end up.

Squall7 said:
I have a question.

I've reported posts before now, but have only included a short message as to why the said post should be reported.

Exactly what info gets sent to iOn on the report button? Does my name and the offending post get recorded? How about the specific thread?

Should I start adding these details in future when I'm reporting someone?

Your user name, a link to the thread and a link to the specific post-in-question are all sent automatically when you report a post. Your comments are added to the email as well. The email goes to all moderators of that section. If there are no moderators specified, it goes to the admin. Inactive moderators kinda ruin this particular system.

They look like this:

USERNAME ( mailto:[email protected] ) has reported this post:

http://www.*********.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3616581#post3616581

This is part of this thread:
Thread Title is Here
http://www.*********.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403834

This is the reason that the user gave:
Your typed in reason goes here.

Back