Dear I0n...

ottoman

Banned
Dec 2, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
1156-6661-4692-6561
Dear I0n...

Following the rather embarrassing last couple of days, I Have come to the conclusion that you need to employ new moderators.

Obviously, the moderating team you have now, are good. however when it comes to forums, its quantity aswell as quality. There aren’t enough mods! Countless threads have received abuse from members. Spam, Offense even racism. (check out my Muslims thread...)

This cannot go on. You need to find some new mods that will be online longer, maybe another 3 or 4, because this system right now is failing. I respect you as an admin, and i know its hard, but there are many many people on this forum fit to be a Mod.

You are about to get a huge boost in members, following the release of new games like SSBB, Super mario galaxy, mario strikers and mario party 8. You will be getting tones more members everyday after they release.

Which means more spam, more abuse and more trolling. Sometimes its like the mods avoid the spam and such. i know they do a good job, and they try their best and they DO get stuff done. But they cant do it alone.

In conclusion, WIICHAT NEEDS MORE MODS

Yours Desperately, Ottoman

Wiichat Members:

Please show your support for a safer wiichat by sending PM's and notifying others of this thread. We need more mods and i think we all know it. Feel free to show support here, discuss and debate.

Last edited:
You have to take into consideration that most mods may have their status set to offline/invisible so you can't see them when your on. Also instead of adding more mods my idea would be to give the current moderators more powers, such as having the current moderators moderate more than 1 section so when a problem like this occurs they can deal with it right away instead of waiting for a mod who has the ability to lock/delete threads and posts in a certain section to get on. However it would be nice to have a few more mods around the forums who are on during different times of the day.

your missing the point wii smurf, its directed at i0n but its suposed to be seen by everyone...i called it dear i0n so i0n wuld look.

And i know they have their status turned to offline, but hey are still not tking care of the problems. I dont blame them, i know they try hard, but we just dont have enough.

ottoman

no offence but please dont sign my name unless its authorized from me. i appreciate the outreach to i0n about more mods and i for one do agree on more of them but i can take care of my own talking. again dont take offense to it.

i think i0n already knows whats going on since i just spoke to mr shukapah (yeah i know thats wrong but i cant pronounce it OR SPELL IT! hes one of the "super mods" lol) and hes aware of the situation.

all we can do is use the report button and thats exactly what i0n would say if he were to pop on right now and reply to the thread.

as would every mod say.....just keep using the report button.....someone will answer "the calls" eventually....

"it is what it is"

Lol I'm on 24/7 but I know a ton of people hate me so I would never be one

sorry about that cannon, never knew you would get offended, ill take that down...

As for the report button, its useless. Hell didnt you just make a thread about there being no mods online?

I thought i would get supported here, not flamed :(

ottoman said:
sorry about that cannon, never knew you would get offended, ill take that down...

As for the report button, its useless. Hell didnt you just make a thread about there being no mods online?

I thought i would get supported here, not flamed :(

im not offended. its just that i can voice my own opinion to i0n which i have done in the past. usually its best to ask for references then i wouldnt of been kinda "POed" (for lack of a better word) about it.

there are too many threads about lack of mods out there and they have ALL been locked with i0n saying "use the report button"

i just made a thread posting ALL the links that "love" and "bumface" along with wii_cammys thread on masterjedi2u to bring to the attention that the report button does not work.

it lead down to me and wii_cammy PMing mr (oh that name that i cant spell again!!!- the super mod) and asking him to delete all the threads which he did ASAP. that was a great thing that he did.

ETA_ theres still love for you ottoman :thumbsup: youre just not stating anything new here

Lol
Loose has a point. She knows HER RIGHTS GOD DAMMIT! xD

Anyways I wasn't missing the point. Your best off PM-ing i0n

Actually the report button isn't useless. The report button sends an email/pm to moderators I believe notifying them that someone has broken the rules.

Also from what it looks like nobody is flaming you...

Ha ha ha...I'm highest repped person here and I can't even PM....LOL.

The excuse is, "for every 3 bad threads you see, there are 5 more that you don't see" To that I say, "Get another mod and get those other 3 then."

ottoman could you add that wii_cammy would like to write articles and has pmmed i0n a thousand times
so please add that in

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ottoman

no offence but please dont sign my name unless its authorized from me. i appreciate the outreach to i0n about more mods and i for one do agree on more of them but i can take care of my own talking. again dont take offense to it.

i think i0n already knows whats going on since i just spoke to mr shukapah (yeah i know thats wrong but i cant pronounce it OR SPELL IT! hes one of the "super mods" lol) and hes aware of the situation.

all we can do is use the report button and thats exactly what i0n would say if he were to pop on right now and reply to the thread.

as would every mod say.....just keep using the report button.....someone will answer "the calls" eventually....

"it is what it is"

like she said, just use the report button. Even though I agree that we need more mods, don't get me wrong, the mods here are great. I also think wiichat is one of the best forums I ever been to, if not the best. Ion is doing a great job with this site, and at the end, it doesn't matter what everyone says, its up to ion, and he is doing a good job, so if he thinks we don't need mods, I support his decision because is not out of hand, and the mods we have do not abuse the power they have.

Syntax said:
Actually the report button isn't useless. The report button sends an email/pm to moderators I believe notifying them that someone has broken the rules.

Also from what it looks like nobody is flaming you...

you mean the Mods that areusually offline/dont react quick enough?

Back