Dear I0n...

Syntax said:
Actually the report button isn't useless. The report button sends an email/pm to moderators I believe notifying them that someone has broken the rules.

Also from what it looks like nobody is flaming you...

very true, it does notify a mod telling them that "insert member name" has reported a bad thread- or something along those lines

BUT most of the time its not reacted to fast enough where everyone starts to flame and cause an uproar. its innappropriate. just report and leave the thread alone. if there wasnt a constant need to imput on the thread, then it wouldnt get out of hand.

thats why i dont even bother using the report button. normally i PM prez or IM mitch on AOL. however, that super mod that i cant spell (god im embarrassed LMAO) told me dont SOLELY rely on them. most of the mods ARE online.

I mean that when a moderator is offline there is nothing they can do when they recieve that notice. However when they are online they will usually react to it. Also you have to remember there are various mods from this forum from different time zones so thats another factor to take into consideration.

thts what i mean, you need more mods so that you have a better chance of reaching one if theres a problem.

Wii_Smurf said:
Wii_Cammy

Send a PM to i0n and actually include the Article. Did you do that?
[Sorry if you did]

no see what i want to do is regularly write them
and then ust post them
but it doesnt matter anymore
hey i tried since march so no biggy

Hmmm ever wonder why the mods don't just show their status then? It would solve our problems but I guess it would increase theirs (as spammers would make sure none were on then)

Not saying I disagree. It would be nice to have a few more mods around the forum but its solely (sp) up to i0n and whether or not he feels that more mods are needed. Also there are usually litttle instances as to where major spam by one or so member happens and usually the mods take care of it right away.

Hmmm ever wonder why the mods don't just show their status then? It would solve our problems but I guess it would increase theirs (as spammers would make sure none were on then)

Usually spammers don't care whether or not moderators are online/offline. They just do it to annoy the forum members and usually could care less if they are banned.

Sorry guys, I havn't been active for about a week.
That is most likely why you see the differences you are noticing.
I'm not going to be around for a little while, and if things here continue to get out of hand, new moderators (or temporary ones) will probably be instated soon.
You need not bother apply for this. If i0n is interested in your help, you will receive word of it.

thanks for that Prez, nice to know well have some more mods soon.

thanks for the input prez.

Wanna tell me why you guys don't just display your status so we know who to pm?

From what I've seen on other forums some mods don't like to be bugged with constant pm's etc so they turn their status to invisible/offline so they don't have to deal with many pm's on the same thread/person etc.

well thats not really much help to us though isit?

usually the reason behind that is because its some petty disagreement. IE there is no dire need to delete the thread because it doesnt fall within with forum guidelines.

only reason i get away with PMs to prez and why he doesnt get annoyed by them is becuase i am able to detect the trouble. i can see what direction the thread is going in. it helps out alot :)

if i was being annoying about it im sure prez would of been like "jill go away and let me do my work!" ....right?? im not annoying??? right?? :( lol

but in all seriousness, thats why i do that sort of thing and bypass the report button

You can still use the report button and that said mod who decides to have his status set to invisible can deal with the situation.

Back