Wiichat safety ideas

Kiwi said:
Do you know how long it would take for some one to get 30 posts? not too long... If i really tried i could probably get that much in 5 - 10 minutes.

Which is where my Time limit for posting restriction request comes into play.

And gym you don't mind because you don't even frequent the larger portions of the forum.

most reliable way is to increase the mods. people will always find a loophole no matter what.

Feeding the power hungry is never a good idea.

Gymdawg said:
You're not going to fix the problem by pissing off the old members with countless rules and such. In fact, you'll probably succeed in pissing off the vast majority of new members as well. Besides, what's to stop some douche from making 20 accounts and posting a thread from each of them? Then, instead of having to ban 1 user, you now have to ban 20. Not only are these suggestions ineffective, but they place a huge strain on the administrators and moderators who would have to clean up the mess.
You really are a pain. Think about what you've said.

1. The new rule would be transparent to all current users
2. Currently new members cannot send PM until they've reached a certain post count. No one is pissed off about it and this is just an extension of that
3. What stops someone from creating 20 accounts is using a new email address for each one and going through a different proxy for each. Possible yes but not worth the effort
4. The current strain is for the moderators to delete multiple THREADS instead of multiple posts.

Kiwi said:
Do you know how long it would take for some one to get 30 posts? not too long... If i really tried i could probably get that much in 5 - 10 minutes.
Yes and you would quickly be noticed for posting 30 useless replies as a new user. Unless of course you posted them in the Pokemon forum ;)
Why are you so against this? It wouldnt effect any of the current members of the board including yourself.

vagrant said:

And gym you don't mind because you don't even frequent the larger portions of the forum.

Time limit posting is even worse...

If rules like this were in place when i first signed up i wouldn't have even wasted my time posting here at all.

Edit: Cyper, it may not effect me at all, but its just not right. I don't want to be apart of a forum that limits new users on how many threads they can make, or even a time limit for posting . It's just not fun for me or them.

I would rather share this place with some of the new users then most of these "vets" that roam around the forums.

Last edited:
vagrant said:

I'm not power hungry, but I'd like to get people like Rotlin IP banned within' 1 of those post. Why let him spawn more?

Kiwi said:

If rules like this were in place when i first signed up i wouldn't have even wasted my time posting here at all.

Darn. And you just aren't looking at the big picture. Most of the new users that sign up for this forum just make an account, make like three threads, and stop coming here.

And monster I wasn't talking about you.

vagrant said:
Darn. And you just aren't looking at the big picture. Most of the new users that sign up for this forum just make an account, make like three threads, and stop coming here.

And monster I wasn't talking about you.
I did a search on Kiwi. He doesnt even post in the Wii sections of the site so his opinion means little

WiiBad said:
Why can the IP not be recognized to prevent multiple accounts?
There are many ways to hide yourself from IP bans. Only the crappiest trolls are stopped by IP or email bans.

ciper said:
I did a search on Kiwi. He doesnt even post in the Wii sections of the site so his opinion means little

There are many ways to hide yourself from IP bans. Only the crappiest trolls are stopped by IP or email bans.
Alright man, do w/e you want. But i guarantee you nothing will happen. Keep on wasting your time talking about how you want to change this site for the better.

It's just a waste of your time and mine... thats all it is.

It's only a waste of your time Kiwi becaue you decided to be a hater and come here and complain about constructive criticism.

vagrant said:
It's only a waste of your time Kiwi becaue you decided to be a hater and come here and complain about constructive criticism.
Ive seen too many of these kinds of threads on wiichat.. None of you are doing anything. Just give up.

I'm with Kiwi here. I doesn't matter that I don't care for all the subforums here, it matters that what you're suggesting is not only feckless, it's wrong. Think about what you're suggestion, Ciper.

ciper said:
You really are a pain. Think about what you've said.

1. The new rule would be transparent to all current users
2. Currently new members cannot send PM until they've reached a certain post count. No one is pissed off about it and this is just an extension of that
3. What stops someone from creating 20 accounts is using a new email address for each one and going through a different proxy for each. Possible yes but not worth the effort
4. The current strain is for the moderators to delete multiple THREADS instead of multiple posts.

1. It doesn't matter if it doesn't affect me when it's the wrong thing to do. That's like you saying world hunger isn't a problem because you live next to a McDonald's.
2. Th PM system isn't used near as much as the thread creation system; seriously.
3. Nothing, which is exactly why your "solutions" won't work.
4. We're talking about threads so this point isn't really a point at all...

Kiwi said:

Edit: Cyper, it may not effect me at all, but its just not right. I don't want to be apart of a forum that limits new users on how many threads they can make, or even a time limit for posting . It's just not fun for me or them.

I would rather share this place with some of the new users then most of these "vets" that roam around the forums.

You're Sig Isn't Improving This Situation None.

This thread isn't about sexual content, that's a whole different argument.

Kiwi said:
Ive seen too many of these kinds of threads on wiichat.. None of you are doing anything. Just give up.

As much as my intuition wants me to take advice from someone that goes by the name of "kiwi"...I'm going to have to say nay and keep discussing this.

I knew a Kiwi on IRC back in the day and he was a tool and a half.

Back