Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WiiConnect24?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Sovieto, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Sorry if this should be in hardware, i wasnt sure, but anyways, do you guys think there will be like......pay for new items and what not, like on XBox Live, you have to pay for new maps and everything. And wouldnt that be unfair if you have to pay 2 bucks for this new map when the Wii people get it for free? Of course they said WiiConnect24 is a free Service, but is the content free?

2. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

who knows but im sure we will find out in time....and i really dont care if its unfair if Xbox Live people pay money for expansions and Wii players dont......their lose

3. Supermariomp3

Supermariomp3 WiiChat Member

i guess it depends on the content you will download: maybe something like a new costume will be free and something like a new level will cost money since its a huge download

4. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

thats a nice way to put it mario. and jcpacker, its not their lose its more of a bad thing for the company its the companys bad to give someone something free then charge the other, the thing is companies probaly wont do that

5. I_WANT_WII

I_WANT_WII TEH HAXXORS

I hope that the patches and stuff won't cost money. I suppose we will find out in time.

6. *Chris*

*Chris* ...

Before I actually even start to think about WiiConnect24, I will have to see if Nintendo are actually allowed to implement WiiConnect24 into the UK.

Basically, since the WiiConnect24 function of the Nintendo Wii would need the system to be on, in standby mode, 24/7, a new law where the British Government is pushing to have standby features taken out of electronic equipment during production could mean that the service would be altered, or even unavailable, for all UK consoles. Source - nintendowiifanboy.com

It seems like a great feature, and it would be a shame to give it a miss...but like it states..."service could be altred". Surely Nintendo wouldnt just ditch the WiiConnect24 project altogether, just because of 1 law? There must be another way? I hope this wont interfere with online gaming aswell...??

#6 *Chris*, Sep 6, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  7. Supermariomp3

Supermariomp3 WiiChat Member

don't worry about it Chris, its not a law yet, just have hope that it doesn't become one ;)

8. nintendo lover

nintendo lover WiiChat Member

I hope it is free.

9. *Chris*

*Chris* ...

I dont think they would make you pay for it, especcialy if it is connected straight out of the box...that would be like someone shoving food in your mouth without asking and then asking for the bill.

10. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

meh chris, kinda missing the point

we know the SERVICE is free, but the content we get off of it, we disscusing if thoes will be free, but will proably be the companies choice of who made the game

11. sasuke747

sasuke747 #1 Sonic Fan.

so Not everybody has to have the Wii on 24/7 you can turn off the Button in the wall :/

12. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

Patches I would expect to be free, but any add-ons (new maps, characters, whatever) are probably going to cost a small fee.

I wouldn't worry too much about that law just yet. It hasn't even been passed yet, and if it is, it'll takes years to implement it (by which time millions of Wiis will probably have been sold already in the UK). Also, it could be argued that the Wii downloading while in standby mode is preferable to downloading when the console is using its full-blown power.