Wii Shop+Internet work, WiiConnect24 doesnt...

Not really, i've tried that site dozens of times, nothing has worked. I've found this auction for "Used Nintendo DS Wi-Fi USB Connector (NTRATRS)" for only a buck(and it has about 8 dollars in shipping, but that's only 9 dollars). The only question is will this work for the wii, and what does NTRATRS stand for?

EDIT: 19 hours left so I need a reply by then

Last edited:
FireFreek said:
Not really, i've tried that site dozens of times, nothing has worked. I've found this auction for "Used Nintendo DS Wi-Fi USB Connector (NTRATRS)" for only a buck(and it has about 8 dollars in shipping, but that's only 9 dollars). The only question is will this work for the wii, and what does NTRATRS stand for?

EDIT: 19 hours left so I need a reply by then

Whatever man do whatever you want. You asked for help and don't even take it when people offer suggestions. I guarantee the answer to your problem is there, your just not looking hard enough. If worse comes to worse call the Nintendo 1800 number.

It pisses me off when people ask for help but just want a step by step answer on how to fix their problem. It's like if they have to read into it they are like F it.

Number 1

lee.jarratt said:
*sigh* Sorry, not bothering to answer yet another one of these threads.

Number 2

lee.jarratt said:
Hmm ok, try going through your router's settings by typing this :

That should work,
Lee.J

Why didnt you just say number 2 first? would have saved alot of time for everyone no? and Number 1, isnt very welcoming, helpful or good for your image...i have seen you make some good posts, but dont forget, with new members, you dont get a second first impression...

BTW, congrats on your wii! If you search on google, using the error code, you can easily find a solution.

FireFreek said:
I know it's strange but it's true. No matter what I do, I'm always connected to the internet with my connection, but never WiiConnect24. I'm guessing my Wii is possessed by the devil:mad5: , but then i'd say it's evil. I dont plan on paying 35 bucks for a wi-fi adapter, so i could use someones advice.

Yes my WiiConnect24 is on, and the disc light thing..
I get error 51330
I have a NETGEAR WGR614 v5 router.
Everything works right but Everybody Votes, News, and Forecast Channels. They've never worked before.
Plus, this Wii is new, bought it yesterday.

Here since you are lazy:scared: took me an entire 3.4 seconds

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/51330-51332.jsp

Error Codes 51330 - 51332

The Wii console is not able to connect to the access point.

1. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

2. Check Nintendo’s router info for special notes, if available, for your router.
1. Click here to go to our Wireless Router lookup page.
2. Use the drop-down box to select, if available, your router manufacturer.
3. Click on your router's model number, if available.
4. Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing settings described in the "special notes."

3. Are you using WEP or WPA security on your router?
1. Log into the router using the default IP (consult your router's manual for assistance)
2. If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 10-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
3. If you are using 128-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 26-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
4. The WEP Key must be a Hexadecimal (0-9, A-F, no other special characters or letters).
5. If your router has multiple slots for a WEP Key, make sure the active key is the one in the #1 slot.
6. If you are using WPA, the Wii console is compatible with the following types:
* WPA - PSK (TKIP)
* WPA - PSK (AES)
* WPA2 - PSK (AES)

4. Check to see if your router is using MAC filtering.
1. Log into the router using the default IP.
2. Find the section for MAC Filtering (typically under "Security").
3. If MAC Filtering is on ("enabled"), enter the Wii console's MAC address to the list of approved MAC address. For info on locating the Wii console's MAC address, click here. (For assistance with locating the MAC Filtering section of your router’s setup tool, please consult the router’s manual or contact the manufacturer.)

5. Ensure that the router is set to broadcast in "mixed" or "b/g" mode. Routers set to "g only" may not be able to allow a successful connection from the Wii console. (The option to change this setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's settings. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router, if available.)

6. Try a "Manual Setup" with the Wii console (how to), using your network's IP configuration settings. To access these settings:
1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings. Locate the settings asked for by the Wii console during the Manual Setup process and enter them.

7. Power cycle your router and modem by unplugging them both from the wall. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then turn on the router. Try to connect the Wii console online and test for proper response.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

1. It was on channel 11, changed it to 1, no difference.

2. I did check, and it told me to use a DMZ server or something. I tried, didn't work.

3. I am, and that part works perfectly

4. I dont think my computer uses Mac filtering, and the only place to put a mac address is the router mac address, and that's not it.

5. Yes it's on mixed, and the internet speed is fine

6. I'm going to try that right now, but it's probably also not going to work.

7. Tried that (it's what i do when my power goes out), every other object in the network worked fine.

The error still appears and i'm clicking like hell but nothing happens:shocked:

Well i've just added a friend to my address book, and we've been exchanging wii's and messages, and through all that, I noticed that whenever i recieve something from my buddy, the disc slot glows like it should during WiiConnect24. Why cant it work like that for the other channels?

Because if it were used for other channels, it would be glowing all the time just because of a minor update in the weather forecast etc, it would be annoying after awhile.
lee

No, the glowing is a part of wii connect 24, the whole point of it is to keep the internet connection running while your wii is off so it can download updates, recieve messages and miis and update the channels such as the 'everybody votes' channel. Note that just because the light doesn't turn on , doesn't mean wii connect 24 is off.
lee

After about 8 hours of doing stuff, i still dont know how to fix my router. We dont even know the exact problem other than the one on the compatibility list. I'm gonna try contacting Nintendo.

Yeah, ring their hotline situated at the back of game booklets. Post back telling us what they have to say :)
lee

I saw that "strange" behavior too a few days after it was connected to the Wi-Fi. The internet channel works but the weather or news channel stopped working. I have to switch to another router in my wireless bridge when that happened, but I can switch back to the first router the next day.

is it close to the wii because it could not be getting a signal and you need to go to option and go to wii connect and click it will search and if i doesnt work call your cable guy and have them come to look at it and they hook it up for $

Common Problem troubleshooter

1. Weak signal from router - Move you wii closer to the router, the average router range is around 50 ft. My wii is at 30 ft and gets a perfect signal.
  2. You may be protecting you network with the wrong type of security, the wii can handle WEP encrypting, and some WPA. If you can, make your network WEP protected. If it already is hats off to you (you should always protect your network).
  3. Your router is not plugged into the wall?
  4. Is your router plugged into you modem/internet interface
  5. One Common proble is that You may not have high speed internet. High speed internet is REQUIRED for any online connection through the wii.
  6. Your router may be incompatible, The wii will work on networks that broadcasts 802.11b (this is what I use) or 802.11g, 802.11g will run faster than a 802.11b router. Any other router is INCOMPATIBLE.
  7. If you can see the signal, but can not hook up to it, here is what is happening: Your router probbably has a stronger signal than the wii, the wii has a weaker range as shown n this diagram. The "X" represents where the signal is too weak to pick up, how to fix it: Move your wii closer to the router.Router----->Wii
Router----->Wii
Wii-->XXXXRouter

This took me a long time to make, so can you guys visit my website?
I would like to grow my site, secretly, to get rid of some of the ads go to
http://www.freewebs.com/youcannotspellit

Back