51330 Error for previously working connection

MishenNikara

WiiChat Member
Jun 12, 2007
Linksys WRT54G v5
51330 Error

This is not a new hook up, the connection has been working well since I first got my Wii until tonight. Now magically Everybody votes cant send votes and News cant download news (havent tried internet). I havent touched the settings on my router and ive reset and router and modem a couple of times now with no luck. What else can I do?

UPDATE: My DS browser does not have problems connecting though

Last edited:
Try deleting your connection setting and setting up the connection again through the Wii settings.

Last edited:
That happened to me too. Since I have multiple wireless routers running in bridge mode, I just switch the connection to another one and it works even they are all connected to the same gateway and DHCP. I still have no clue on this one.

Well now it cant even pass a connection test redoing the connection settings (same error code)

these happens to me to met too a previous working connection just failed. What I have done is shutdown my wii and open it a couple hour then boom there it goes again didn't do any changes on my router settings. I think that it was some kind of bug so it happens without expecting it

I got the thing fixed...apparently it stopped loving ch 11 as most wiis do. But with 6-7 other connections in the area im willing to believe someone else went to 11 and caused interference. But if channel 1 is gonna make this work then I wont complain

In the US, the 2.4GHz band is divided into 11 overlapping channels (14 in Europe). Only channel 1, 6, and 11 are not overlapping each other. It is not Wii that has a preference for channel 11, but you are right that one should check for the channels with least interference at their location.

It seems this is a packet issue not described in Nintendo's website. I found setting the MTU to 1500 solved my problem. This may depend on your network equipment. Anyway, give it a try.

Last edited:
Back