WiiFit to get its own channel?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
From this screenshot from the Nintendo Japan website it looks like Wii fit gets it's own Wii channel - anyone know what it'll be used for?

trai_health3.gif

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rfnj/training/

It's so you don't have to change disks because apparently people playing a fitness game are too lazy to walk up to their Wii.

It is basically just a way to track your progress and share it with others.

WiiFit will still come as a disk I believe.

I think it would be easier to just allow people to see their progress and share it in WiiFit using the game disc. A channel just for the game seems like a waste of space to me.

Last edited:
FR. said:
I think it would be easier to just allow people to see their progress and share it in WiiFit using the game disc. A channel just for the game seems like a waste of space on the hard drive to me.
There is no hard drive in the wii.

Wii-Fi said:
yeah there is, how would you save games if it didn't have one? maybe you can download extras with that channel

Internal flash memory comes to mind.

Wii-Fi said:
Flash for the downloads? or are you talking about the harddrive thing?

The memory for the channels, saved games, whatever you need system memory for.

Wii Fit comes with a disc that installs the wii fit channel, to track your progress without putting in the wii fit disc. im not sure if that means you still gotta put in the wii fit disc to play.

i don't think the wii can fit a wii game inside it's harddrive, but flash memory would work, for dls or at least keeping track of the records. maybe you can compete or look up your friends online?

I think that the channel is just to track progress and share your information.

The Game will have the balance board and disk.

The wii has Internal Flash Memory (I think) all 512 mb of it.

Back