Wiikey installed, no 480p in game

Ashex

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Bellevue, WA
I got the wiikey chip installed yesterday by a professional guy.
I tried playing trauma center, it works fine with the composite cable, but when I use my component cable, the resolution is garbled ingame. The menu loads fine in 480p but as soon as the game starts, it tweaks out.

Anyone else experienced this and have a solution? I'm not sure whether this is the wiikey, or just the TV spazzin' on me.

nt sure but im sure your gonna have worse problems in the futre with a chiped Wii, you know with ninty coming out with the updates and all

Thanks for the help :wtf:

The chances of Nintendo detecting a mod chip are much slimmer then with the Xbox mods. All the wiikey does is translate the data from the disc so that it appears as an official disc. Nintendo would have to watch the data stream of the wii to pick up on this, and that would be done remotely, and I'm doubtful they have the tools to do that plus I would notice the slowdown.

Ashex said:
I got the wiikey chip installed yesterday by a professional guy.
I tried playing trauma center, it works fine with the composite cable, but when I use my component cable, the resolution is garbled ingame. The menu loads fine in 480p but as soon as the game starts, it tweaks out.

Anyone else experienced this and have a solution? I'm not sure whether this is the wiikey, or just the TV spazzin' on me.

Were there any guarantee with your installtion being done prefessionally and all. I'm pretty sure you can just bring back to the person who did it and have them test it for you...

the guy did it in front of me and we tested it out with super paper mario. The Wiikey works as it should. My question was whether other people have experienced an issue with getting the games to run in 480p.
I'm able to play Trauma Center in composite.

Ashex said:
the guy did it in front of me and we tested it out with super paper mario. The Wiikey works as it should. My question was whether other people have experienced an issue with getting the games to run in 480p.
I'm able to play Trauma Center in composite.

Tested out as in, it works. Or tested out as in, it works in progressive scan? Either way, you already paid the guy... Call him up or bring back?

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha. I believe it was just with composite. I'll send him an email about it. A friend of mine who got his done with the same guy said he is able to use progressive with his games. So it may just be the game. I'll send the guy an email though.

Back