Wiikly update for July 30 (US)

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
Star Soldier (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): The standard for vertically scrolling shooters, Star Soldier is the original game that spawned all of the titles in the long-running Soldier series. Go inside a floating space station inhabited by a giant computer known as Starbrain. Your mission: to stop Starbrain's galactic invasion by piloting Caesar, a new, compact space fighter through 16 deadly stages. Collect power capsules to increase three different attributes of your ship: firepower, movement speed and defensive shields. Blast wave after wave of approaching enemies or use the innovative Trap Zone feature to fly beneath a land mass and avoid incoming fire. Conquer each stage to make your way to the final confrontation with Starbrain.

Dynamite Headdy™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): Headdy, a toy with a detachable head, arrives in North Town to find that the evil puppet king Dark Demon is causing serious problems. Dark Demon is gathering up all the puppets in town and turning some into his own evil minions, while eliminating the rest of the puppets that aren't good enough to join his legions. Headdy is captured and is targeted for the incinerator, but escapes in the nick of time. Now he's got to save the town. To do so, Headdy has to take on all manner of bad guys and even has to contend with his lifelong nemesis, Trouble Bruin the bear. Can Headdy overcome all his foes and take down Dark Demon?

Drop Off (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Brave five rounds of haunting, nightmarish dreams in this take on the classic arcade puzzler. To save his dearly beloved from the malicious demon that controls her dreams and holds her captive, our brave hero plunges himself into the nightmare to vanquish this evil foe. Deftly use the arrow items and control the angle of the ball to shatter the blocks that descend from the top of the screen. Set your sights on the joints holding the blocks together and knock off multiple blocks in one exhilarating blow. As you drop more and more blocks, their shapes will change, allowing you to earn bonus points. You must use your concentration and reflexes to defeat the demon and save your beloved.

Meh, sour games this Monday, IMO. Only 1 NES game and 2 3rd Party games (Sega Genesis + TurboGrafx16). I think Nintendo needs to step up to the plate with these updates for the VC.

I have my star soldier cartridge still. If you download this game, you will play it for about 5 minutes is all im gonna say.

Man, they are picking some RANDOM ****, thats for sure......Nobody even knows wtf the crap they are releasing is, "so we can experience it for the first time!!"

I was thinking, this is their plan. They will drown us in week after week of bad games, and then when we get used to snatching up any game that isnt a sequal to a TG-16 pinball game, thye will start releasing the good ones all at once. We will buy them all, thinking that there wont be any good games released for a while after this one. There has to be some plan like that, because I would buy 100 different games if they would just release them, I dont understand. So many games I would buy.

Man, there are so many snes games I want to try out and at this rate I'll never see them :sick:

Yea, I still don't understand why the SNES is ridiculously underrepresented on VC. I completely agree with you Zeek, there should be a much larger SNES catalogue.

Nothing good this week. great just great. I have beat all of my games for vc except zelda 2 i dont get it. well that game wasted 500 points. i wish i could refund it

Another blah week from nintendo, I was at least hoping for Metroid this week. Oh well, I don't have any points left anyways.

Bigjake52 said:
Nothing good this week. great just great. I have beat all of my games for vc except zelda 2 i dont get it. well that game wasted 500 points. i wish i could refund it

This is why most people want a Demo Channel from Nintendo.

Dynamte heddy - Well worth a look for a bit of sureal gameing

alright...Dynamite headdy is decent at best...beat it back in the day and it was just mediocre.

the other 2 are horrible. i really hope they release some good rpg's soon.

u know whatd make These games on the Vc better? a little online...

if MS can do it why not nintendo, especially if their releasing games like These

I keep telling you guys Nintendo is releasing VC games based on regional sales of the Wii. US sales are the highest, so we get the crap. Japan sales are the lowest so they get games like Breath of Fire 2, and 5 releases a week!

I know this trend is not absolute, but I'm seeing this theme more and more now. Clearly the marketting department controls what VC games we get each week, and it's starting to annoy me.

Back