Wiikly update for October 1, 2007 (US)

I, for one, am really happy that SMB2 JAP came to N. America sooner rather than later. This is the true version with the look and feel of the original 8 bit SMB classic.

im definitely getting the super mario bros 2 japan version... its worth to download and play it too... im surprise they brought it here in north america as well... gonna go and download the game now!!:yesnod:

I picked up Sin & Punishment today, really fun game but 12 bucks is not justifiable. I don't think I'd be so frustrated with the price though if there was an option to buy 1500 wii points instead of giving nintendo $20 to buy a $12 game. :/ I know I'll spend that 800 points eventually, but I still don't like it. The only "update" to the game is that a feature that wasn't available until after you beat the game (English menus) is available from the start. And they made similiar updates to other VC games with out raising the price.

Still, I never got to play S&P before, and once again Treasure has delivered a solid hit. It's a ton of fun, and very challenging for an on-rails.

Definitely bad audio though, there's points where the characters talk over each other or mumble and you can tell the English script wasn't written by some one who was 100% fluent in the language.

mn777saint said:
So how long will the "Imports" of VC be Avalible? a day... a week...?

Nintendo haven't mentioned a time limit for America, which is what I was complaining about- you seem to have it (The Lost Levels) for all time whereas we could only download it for a few weeks.

Cartman58 said:
Why is Lost Levels so new to everyone? I had it on Mario All-Stars and beat it the same as any of the others. Weird. Oh well.

Because this is the original meaning unless you had an import Famicom, you've never played this version of the game.

It's also apparently harder than the all-stars version but since I've never played the all-stars one, I can't really say but having played it for a while yesterday, it is significantly harder than any of the NES released mario games.

I could be wrong but I believe the All Stars version is the same game as what we're seeing here on VC. They use the same title, so I assume it's the same game.

mym6 said:
I could be wrong but I believe the All Stars version is the same game as what we're seeing here on VC. They use the same title, so I assume it's the same game.

you're wrong. the version on the VC is the famicom version not the SNES version. when you start up the game is says "Super Mario Bros. 2" just like the Japanese release not 'the lost levels' like the allstars release.

Back