Wiikly update for October 8, 2007 (NeoGeo is here)

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
I didn't see any threads about this, so I thought I would create one. Looks like Monday will be a big day for the Virtual Console as the NeoGeo will make it's debut on US consoles. Descriptions below:

FATAL FURY (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released in 1991 and one of the longest-running series in the fighting-game genre, this title introduced players to Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi. Select one of the three and visit many locations as your chosen fighter engages in numerous street fights around the fictional city of South Town. If you're good enough, you'll eventually take on Billy Kane and then his boss, the notorious crime lord Geese Howard. Use each fighter's own finishing maneuver and battle in two different planes on the screen, one in the foreground and the other farther away in the background. The game also features a two-player mode that is well known for its unique setup, which allows fighters to both fight and help each other. Do you have what it takes to win the King of Fighters tournament?

WORLD HEROES (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): A fighting game released in 1992 featuring eight characters, including Hanzo, Janne and Rasputin, modeled on historical figures from throughout the ages. The fighters compete against each other to become the world's toughest combatant, with players using a setup consisting of only three buttons (one each for punching, kicking and throwing). Adding to this unique system is the fact that the strength of your offensive blow depends on how long the button is pressed and held. Along with regular match styles, Death Match mode is also available and features mines, electrified ropes and other dangerous objects in the battle arena that can change conditions during the fight or damage players. Enjoy the wide range of combat forms as you take on history's best!

ART OF FIGHTING (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): This fighting game, released in 1992, began the story of the Sakazaki family and Robert Garcia, further developed in two later sequels. Yuri Sakazaki has been abducted by Mr. Big to punish her father, Takuma, and her brother, Ryo. To rescue her, Ryo and Robert must take on numerous enemies around South Town, eventually reaching the mysterious Mr. Karate. The passion of the game's creators is evident in the unique game-play elements introduced. These include an energy gauge that is depleted every time a fighter uses a special maneuver, Desperation Attacks that are usable only when a fighter's health is low and camera zooming that adjusts on the fly as fighters move around the stage. All these features ensure that players use strategy and tactics, rather than simply mash buttons. Adding to the mix are little touches such as characters showing cuts when they are injured and voice-over samples during cut scenes. Can you perfect the art of fighting and save Yuri?

References:
http://www.ign.com

Last edited:
Thats cool!... thanks Naisatoh for the info.. cant wait to download these games and play them too when its out.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
When Magician Lord comes out, I'll d/l it right away. When I got the Neo-Geo in 1990 when it was test marketed in major cities (full US release was 1991), I was the only kid I knew who had it.

Anyone got a towel?? I need to wipe the drool off the keyboard here.

White Knight said:
When Magician Lord comes out, I'll d/l it right away. When I got the Neo-Geo in 1990 when it was test marketed in major cities (full US release was 1991), I was the only kid I knew who had it.
For good reason, you was probably one of the few kids that had it even after the test market. :) The Neo-Geo in the Indianapolis area was not only hard to find, but an expensive toy for even those who could afford it. It was not an easy task to coax the parents into shelling out that kinda cash to get one. Even then the games for it was like $200 bucks? It was insane, but that thing just could not compare it to anything less than true home arcade gaming.

$600 bucks was a lot of money then and it's still a lot now (poor P$3). However the Neo-Geo packed a strong cult following, and is the longest lasting system second only to the Atari 2600. some would consider the Neo-Geo the ONLY console with a success story at $600, even though the system helped force SNK into bankruptcy, it is debated.

NOW are we going to get a Hard Drive Nintendo? :)

Excellent find...

That's pretty friggin' sweet. $9 for an arcade quality game, even if it's 10 years old is a good deal in my books.

Cool. If someone has any videos of these games please post them so I can see if they look fun.

I might just spend my left-over 1500 points on the two neutopias.

These games are pretty large. I'm assuming Nintendo was able to shrink them for the Wii. Later on we're supposed to get some Turbo CD games. Nintendo really needs to make use of those SD cards soon. A single 2gb SD card is 4 Wii flash drives.

So now there will be not just TG games I've never heard of but Neo Geo too...

balsho said:
So now there will be not just TG games I've never heard of but Neo Geo too...

You have never heard of those Neo Geo games? :shocked: They are actually good games. These are games (along with the TG games) that I grew up playing at home and in the arcades. Yeah...arcades, I remember those places.

Back