Wiimote covers

Skorp

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Michigan, USA
Wii Online Code
2652-0001-8231-6800
I've seen some pics of people with wiimote covers and they're everywhere in stores, wondering two things. What is the real point? Just to keep them clean and free of scratches? And two for those that have them does it impair gameplay/make the buttons harder to press or anything? Thanks.

The Wiimote and nunchuck skins are just awesome! I got mine on Ebay for like $5 including shipping, this is much cheaper than any I've seen in stores. They in no way impair gameplay, in fact they make it much better in my opinion! The Wiimote becomes a bit padded for comfort and it does keep it clean and if you chunk it accross the room it should also help protect it a bit. Plus, they look much neater with the skins. Definitely a must have!

THe actual "official" covers for the WiiMOte are very needed for mine. I have 4 Wiimotes and all 4 have them. Just simply Grip, better protection, the only bummer is changing the batts. But Duracell has been loyal to me and hardly ever die on me.

The only reason I would consider them is to identify controller number before I pick them up.

dakuda said:
The only reason I would consider them is to identify controller number before I pick them up.

Huh? If you've synched them don't they change as you activate them each time?

Thanks for the input guys. Maybe I'll get some cheap ones when I start making money again this summer.

I got my Covers (Wii-mote + Nunchuk) off Ebay for $5 AUS and there basicaly to protect against scratches and dust and stuff, it does however make the button slghitly harder to push but not by much, it basically makes them less likely to be pushed if you sat on it or something. They don't change Gameplay at all, but they are more likely to stop you acidently pressing the wrong button. And when you want to recharge/swap batteries you have to take the covers off, but its worth it

If you don't want scratches and stuff on your Wii mote, buy one.

When I bought my fiancé's Wii, I bought Wii covers for both the Wiimotes. Pink one for mine and a blue one for him and if we get a third Wiimote, I plan on getting a black one for it.

I like the covers, they look neat, feel nice, and keep it from getting dirty/scratched.

XD My pink one glows in the dark.

The skins I got off ebay are unofficial, but being silicon probably hardly any different from the official for a substantial price difference. Anybody wanting to stock up might wanna check it out before spending the extra money.

Skorp said:
Huh? If you've synched them don't they change as you activate them each time?

That may very well be the case. I guess I just assumed that they were 'assigned' the number based on when you synched them. I only have two remotes and basically use the same one over and over.

Last edited:
That may very well be the case. I guess I just assumed that they were 'assigned' the number based on when you synched them. I only have two remotes and basically use the same one over and over.[/QUOTE]

u r right

Whats the point of keeping the earth clean? SO YOU DON'T DIE FROM GLOBAL WRAMING OR TUMER INFESTED FISH!(already happening) Its for people that like colors, and covers and clean stuff. :)

WiiBad said:
The skins I got off ebay are unofficial, but being silicon probably hardly any different from the official for a substantial price difference. Anybody wanting to stock up might wanna check it out before spending the extra money.

Quality over quantity, I always go with brands even if it is an extra bag of chips off my lunch.

i absolutely love the wii skins. they are wonderful.

they keep the remote from getting clammy, its easier to clean incase you got "sticky hands" or kids playing it, and its color coordinated for whoever mii is designated to the remote.

ive got 4 remotes and 4 skins. black is the main one (my bf has that one), i got the pink one for 2nd player, and the 3rd and 4th are green and red...those are for when we have friends come over or we bring the wii to a friends house :)

smartest thing ive ever bought.

some might say the buttons like the -, home, and + are hard to push but i havent really had a problem (maybe its cause i have nails? i dunno)

I hate them. It makes it feel funny, it adds bulk and weight, and it makes it harder to press some buttons. It's not a matter of grip for me, I can grip the Wiimote well on it's own. It gets in the way of the plus, minus, and home buttons. And the ones I got look tacky, I like the sleek controller

Do they have any with designs on them such as Mario, Zelda, and Metroid themes? If not they should

Back