Wiimote imports - Will it work?

michael

PHWonline.com
Aug 29, 2006
As many of you know, we all got ****ed with the prices for the controllers right?

$40 for a Wiimote in America and £30 for a one here in the UK.

£30 is unacceptable, but one of the solutions I was thinking of is,

Would an American or Japanese bought Wiimote work on an UK Wii?

There will probably be no answer for this for a little while, but if I'm able to get a Wiimote for £20 from America rather than £30 here, I'm all for that.

Last edited:
I can see it working
I mean I got the Jap saturn pads for my ps2 (class for fighters) (look on liksang) and they work
they run off battrys (same in all countrys) so theres no plug

But dont blame me if they blow up

Yeah I would assume they work too, just wanted to have some confirmation on my assumptions.

If you want cheap controllers without the hastle, the paying of postage, and the wait, and the guarentee of it working, go to www.play.com.

The wiimote is £25 and the nunchuk and classic i think were about £13.

And thats free delivery by the way.

No! The question is will japanese imported wiimotes work in america, then you could import american wiimotes that were imported from japan so it would be way cheaper...except for the whole importing part. would it say Wii in japanese on the remote? hopefully not =D

Well That's A Rip-off In UK... I'm Glad I'm Not In The Wii Generation There!

Dude, like I said, it's the UK, we get ****ed by everything.

michael said:
As many of you know, we all got ****ed with the prices for the controllers right?

$40 for a Wiimote in America and £30 for a one here in the UK.

£30 is unacceptable, but one of the solutions I was thinking of is,

Would an American or Japanese bought Wiimote work on an UK Wii?

There will probably be no answer for this for a little while, but if I'm able to get a Wiimote for £20 from America rather than £30 here, I'm all for that.

I think it depends, if the wii is region free they will work, if no they won't, the official message says it won't work, said from nintendo, although the day before they said it will work, we just have to wait for the real one and then you will know.

yeah, the UK price is a bit of a rip, but the US price of $40 is perfectly reasonable. Forget about what other controllers cost, this is no ordinary controller. Based on the components inside, that is a perfectly reasonable price and people need to stop complaining.

The UK price is a 'bit' of a rip? That's a 'bit' of an understatement.

I don't care about America complaining, probably because they definitely don't get it as bad as we do, ever.

I'm all for spending $32 rather than $56. (Put into American currency so you know the difference between the higher UK price and lowest Japanese price)

Back