Wiimote Issue

ElixXxeR

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
I have been using my Wii remote for over a week and it has been flawless. I haven't played in about 2 days, and today when I turn on the console, my Wii remote wouldn't connect. Also, the battery lights wouldn't flash when I pressed any button (2 days ago, all 4 lights flashed meaning full battery power). I assumed the batteries were dead and was shocked at how fast they died. However, no matter what batteries I put in the controller, it will only stay on for a few seconds and then shut off, even with BRAND NEW batteries. I think there is some sort of internal contact issue. What do I do?

hopefully someone knows a solution, I'm really skeptical atm. If the wiimote I have, which has never been dropped or damaged doesn't work with the undamaged console, why would a new one? heh

problem resolved, unplugged, and took out batteries and let it sit for a bit

after a quick press of wiimote resync button then the consoles and instead of endlessly blinking it found it

hope that's some help for someone else with similiar problems.

Wow, kind of odd that so many people had a problem with this all on the same day. It makes you wonder if there was something internet related that somehow did it. Not sure how that could be, just kind of odd to see so many people have the same problem all at once.

True that it is weird, although my Wii has never been connected to the internet yet. I took out the batteries and let it sit for a few hours and it did work. Try it and see what happens.

Back