Wiimote Stoped Working

chadskee

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
Hello all,

I am a happy owner of this wonderful system, and have loved ever minuet ive played my zelda and wii sports. But after roughly 9 hours of gaming time my wiimote has just quit working. The lights flash on the bottom of the wiimote when I press a button, but when I try to wave it around the screen, or press and buttons, I get no response.

So if anyone else is having a similar problem id like to hear, and if there is any solution to this other than replacing the remote.

Thanks,

Chad

you obviously have to sync it with the system, open the battery cover press the little red button and while its flashing pretty the red sync button on the front of the wii console (inside the little flap on the front)

Ive tried multiple distances from the sensor bar. My batteries were loiw and it wasn't moving.. so I thought the batteries were the problem, but when I put new ones in it still doesn't work.

BTW, how do you resync your wiimote? I havn't tried this yet.

u know, i noticed that wen my tv remote is in the way. i tend to loose signal. maybe it has to do with something with the sensor.. (yall seen that video where they replaced the sensor bar with 2 remotes)

Well, tried resyncing it, still doesn't work. When I come to the screen that says press A to continue, when I press Z on my nunchuck it will go, but never when I press A.

Edit: Nevermind, pressing Z doesn't work, it must go automatically after a few seconds.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was resyncing it wrong the whole time, its working again now, thanks for all the help everyone. Its much appreciated.

Have a good night and happy Wii'ing to you all :)

And as a side note for anyone having wii-mote troubles:

Please make sure you calibrate your remotes in the main wii setup, this makes a lot of difference in gameplay! Also check your games when you're setting them up!

dude, your probly too close. Same thing happened to me. Lights were on but the wii wasnt receiving anything. after like 10 minutes i backed up and it worked

I have the same problem as our friend chadskee, I went to play Zelda TP. so I turned the Wii on manually and then I went to the disk channel and theremote got no response from the Wii, I still have this problem.

Back