Wireless Router Locks Up

gazunni

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2007
Prior to having a Wii I have never had a problem with my wireless router. After the first day of plugging in the Wii the wireless part of my router locks up usually once a day.

I sent the Wii in for servicing and the problem with my router stopped. Received a different unit back after servicing and the router lockup problems started happening again.

Anyone else experience the wireless part of the router locking up and if so, is there an internal router setting that needs to be adjusted?

I also had this issue or something very similar. Basically the router would stop handing out dhcp address, so once the dhcp lease expired, it couldnt be renewed. not sure why...

All the dhcp machines on my network would loose network connectivity but the 2 machines with static address continued to work fine.

I then assigned my Wii a static address, and since doing this, I have not had the problem again.

If you know how to do this, try it and see if it works, if not, let me know and ill do a short write up for ya

-Pnuts

The first thing I would look for is to ensure my Router and my Wii has the latest Firmware Rev. What model is your router and what is it's software Rev?

Back