Wireless router

rayne2k5

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2008
Wheres the best place i can buy a wirwlwss router? So far I tried Walmart, Curcuit City, Target, 2 different game stops,and Radio Shack:yikes:

why did u have to go to so many stores theyre not that hard to find. Go for linksys or belkin

I went to so many stores because every store i was going to was telling me a different thing. First the wii didnt have a wireless router and then at the other store it did then i went to find the wii wifi thing and i couldnt fine it either. i just need help lol

Bestbuy carries the best Routers

I Recommend Linksys

Buy a Linksys router. They work great but buy one of the more latest versions. There are two laptops in my house with great fast performance and my wii.

[DT] said:
I'd go online/direct from:

www.newegg.com

www.mwave.com

Better pricing than local, bigger selection, reviews and no hassle.

Most of the major brands are decent - D-Link has some fast gear like the DIR-655 (GB ports, fast proc, a/g/n, etc.)

Not a bad idea. Newegg especially has very very low prices.
However if you wanted to shop in person I would recommend any electronics store. Try staying away from Mega-marts and such, because they'll actually have a more limited selection than say, Best Buy.
My personal choice for anything with a plug in it is Fry's Electronics.
You can either go to their website, Frys.com , or If you have a location in your city then there is no better place for Electronics.

I personally have a Linksys, although depending on your price range, you may get something different. The key point with BB or Fry's is that they have people there who can help you find whats best for you, at the right price for you.

!S

rayne2k5 said:
I went to so many stores because every store i was going to was telling me a different thing. First the wii didnt have a wireless router and then at the other store it did then i went to find the wii wifi thing and i couldnt fine it either. i just need help lol

The Wii can either connect wirelessly to any wireless router that you buy and set up, or you can purchase the Lan adapter ($24.99) that'll let you connect directly to your router or computer that you have connected to the internet.

Either or is a viable option, but keep in mind that a Wired connection will be more reliable and faster. However that does mean that you'll have a cord going from your router to your Wii (and that bugs some people)

!S

Linksy's you're paying for a name....(i.e.Nike.)
I bought a $40 Belkin (i.e.Reebok) wireless router at Target, and it works just fine with my desktop, my wife's laptop, my work laptop when I bring it home, and our Wii. No need to spend any more than that, especially if you're just getting it for Wii online.

Stevwen said:
The Wii can either connect wirelessly to any wireless router that you buy and set up, or you can purchase the Lan adapter ($24.99) that'll let you connect directly to your router or computer that you have connected to the internet.

Either or is a viable option, but keep in mind that a Wired connection will be more reliable and faster. However that does mean that you'll have a cord going from your router to your Wii (and that bugs some people)

!S

I already have the Lan adapter but my computer is on the second floor and my wii is in the basement so wiredless is probably best

Back