Wondering Why Metroid Prime 3....

ShawVAuto

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2006
Jamie here. This is for those who wondered like me about a few little things in MP3. Here's mine....

1) Why would an alien race have morph ball holes in their ships?
2) Why would they have upgrades for Samus' arm cannon?
3) Why would they have landing spots for Samus' ship?
4) Why would an alien race have locks that you need to shoot with -----es? (Trying not to ruin it there for some)

Well, these are a fews things I was wondering about, what are yours?

ShawVAuto said:
Jamie here. This is for those who wondered like me about a few little things in MP3. Here's mine....

1) Why would an alien race have morph ball holes in their ships?
2) Why would they have upgrades for Samus' arm cannon?
3) Why would they have landing spots for Samus' ship?
4) Why would an alien race have locks that you need to shoot with -----es? (Trying not to ruin it there for some)

Well, these are a fews things I was wondering about, what are yours?
1. They're just there.
2. They're just there.
3. Other aliens need to get back to there planet too right?
4. And if you mean missiles (Either you spelled it wrong or I'm not thinking at this right) They are also, just there. Also missiles are in every Metroid game, so I don't think it would ruin it for anybody really. =P

Without any of those things, it would be kind of annoying. There would be no point to the morphball and such.

Your thinking to much. Its a game everything is supposed to work out. If youve ever played prince of persia you would know its 8000x worse than this.

No, no... I am not trying to "over think" Metroid simply pointing out that's odd. I understand you could not advance if they were not there. It's just that a morph ball hole to rotate a lock is weird considering the other aliens can't morph ball.:lol: I just think its funny, that's all.

Its all so the game is fun and has cool feature unlike other games. The game is incredible despite the "odd" things. I really could care less most games are like that. Like for example when you just jump on an enemy in Mario 64 why do coins fly out? I dont care it was a great game is all i need to know.

Well you could think of it this way:

1) Only Samus can morph into a ball, but in Metroid Prime Hunters the other hunters also have alternative, smaller forms, so why couldn't at least one maintenance guy from that ship have a smaller form to repair, clean or whatever he has to do in those tunnels? And there are maintenance robots too, like the ones in Elysia.
2) The Varia suit has the capability of adapting different types of weaponry into the arm cannon so Samus can use them (the same goes for the visors).
3) They are just landing spots, not necessarily for Samus' Ship.
4) It's not that they designed those locks especificaly to be opened with missiles, they just built them as locks and a missile is strong enough to break them.

Well, at least that is what I like to believe, but probably the ppl at retro studios have never thought of that possibilites, they just made them for the game to work :p

Zarogan said:
Well you could think of it this way:

1) Only Samus can morph into a ball, but in Metroid Prime Hunters the other hunters also have alternative, smaller forms, so why couldn't at least one maintenance guy from that ship have a smaller form to repair, clean or whatever he has to do in those tunnels? And there are maintenance robots too, like the ones in Elysia.
2) The Varia suit has the capability of adapting different types of weaponry into the arm cannon so Samus can use them (the same goes for the visors).
3) They are just landing spots, not necessarily for Samus' Ship.
4) It's not that they designed those locks especificaly to be opened with missiles, they just built them as locks and a missile is strong enough to break them.

Well, at least that is what I like to believe, but probably the ppl at retro studios have never thought of that possibilites, they just made them for the game to work :p

Dude, You Hit The Nail On The Head! ^_^

Homesrfan said:
How is this different from any other game?
Games aren't realistic...
except Oblivion ;)! My god, that game is so engrossing it could ruin your life...

Anyhow like aany metroid game... Theres those holes. WHY!
There doors that need to be shot @? WHY it goes on and on!

Have you ever played any Tony Hawk game?

"Hey, what do you know. A full half-pipe in the middle of Berlin. And look, that car works just like a ramp. Which leads into a skate park."

My god the Wii owns... said:
Have you ever played any Tony Hawk game?

"Hey, what do you know. A full half-pipe in the middle of Berlin. And look, that car works just like a ramp. Which leads into a skate park."
lol, that's true :lol:

TitansATB said:
Your thinking to much. Its a game everything is supposed to work out. If youve ever played prince of persia you would know its 8000x worse than this.
That is an excellent comparison. I have always wondered why the hooks for the Prince to swing across gaps were so conveniently placed. :lol:
So yeah, its just how the game is meant to be played.

1. Perhaps they have cats on board?
morphcat-lol.jpg

Back