Worth it?

Can't see how having a PS2 justifies anything, but Wii is a very good console. I'd recommend it to anyone.

im mean, i rly like wii, but ive bought many games on ps2...

They are going to stop making PS2 games at the end of the year.. You'll have to upgrade soon to either the PS3, 360, or Wii. You might just want to go PS3 because if you get the 80 gigabyte version you can play your old PS2 games on it. But, it is pretty expensive. It really depends what you want I guess..

i like the stuff Wii has, but just what im gonna do with all the games i bought on ps2 :p well, ill try to figure it out :p Ty for your help

ilves said:
i like the stuff Wii has, but just what im gonna do with all the games i bought on ps2 :p well, ill try to figure it out :p Ty for your help

Can't you just leave your PS2 hooked up too?

Yeap my PS2 is still hooked up and still plays dvds...LOL

If you like throwing money and lots of it into gaming then go HD yet if you liked the PS2 then you like cheap games too and you just know all of your fav developers will move to the Wii just like how they did with the DS. If you are a PS2 gamer and you don't make 4+k a month then your getting a Wii like every one else you might just have a problem finding one. Too me the VC is a blast! Also too the PS3 doesn't really do PS2 games...

best time to every get a wii is now because of game selection and theres great games on there way.

depends were you live to be honest. if america i would defo get one as game release dates.
and just keep your ps2 hooked up or at the side..im currently playing ff7 :)

This is a Wii forum. So the answer is "yes".

I don't own a PS2. I haven't owned another game system since my first, which was an original NES.

Here's how forums work. If you ask a Wii forum whether Wii, Xbox or PS3 would be worth buying, Wii will be the answer. If you ask Xbox forum, Xbox will be the answer, same with PS3.

It all depends on the types of games you want. If you are expecting to get games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, etc. Chances are its not happening. The types of games Wii has are much different from the other consoles. Also if you are expecting alot of FPS because of the Wii-mote aiming, its also not true so far... There's only a few FPS games so far, I could probably count them on my hands or maybe just one hand.

You should read about the consoles on wikipedia, then go to websites like gamestop.com, ign.com, gameinformer.com, etc. Then look at the games and screenshots for the type of games you play. Then maybe watch video clips of those games on youtube.com to get an idea of how the gameplay is.

But, if you are worried about playing your PS2 games, the 40gig PS3 does not have backward compatability and it costs $400, the 80gig does have backward compatability but costs $500. They no longer make the 20gig and 60gig version so thats out of the question.

i have a PS2 with about 80 games, i got a wii on launch, have 25 games, havent played PS2 since got my wii.

so yeah

Back