Wii worth the buy?

the wii makes you feel you are actually in the game it is great fun !

buy the game scarface it is really good !

I'd say wait.

The wii has potential to be good.

But as of now, there aren't enough good games out to justify a buy.

But the good games will come in. The big one on the spotlight, is Brawl. Set for Dec 3rd.

But if you're set for a console with a new swing on things, go for a DS.
It has a plethera of good games.

I've spent over 10 hours on a DBZ fighting game alone.

The good news is: you are in a win-win situation. You can buy the Wii and try it out...get some good games like Zelda and Trauma Center...then play it for a few weeks. Have some friends over to play before you make any decisions,though...that's where the Wii shines! Then, if you don't like it...just sell it. We are over 6 months after launch and STILL Wii's are hard to find in the stores! There are plenty of parents clamoring online to get one for their kids...especially with Christmas creeping up on us.

Not to mention the virtual console...where for just a few bucks you can download and play a lot of the old NES, SNES, N64, turbographics, and sega games...to me, that's almost worth getting a Wii for right there!

So, if you're a Nintendo fan at all...there's really no question!

I can't imagine that you will want to sell it...but you never know!

Worth Buying

born2game said:
I have a xbox 360 and im not planning to pay $600 for a PS3. I want to buy a Wii but not sure how I will like it and I like the type of games Nintendo offers. At first I thought the Wii remote was the gayest thing ever and now im second guessing myself. Is the Wii worth the buy and if so what is a good game to start with?

Well (Some people, alot of them) with the whole fanboy comments ect. Are blind for whatever reason. Everyone has differnt opinions. Me personaly I dont care about brand name. I buy something because its fun, Not because of who makes it. Every console has good games.

The Wii has some games that are unique to it because of the controls and the mario series ect. It also have the Virtual console games, Genesis, TG16, NES, Snes N64 it also is 100% compatible with gamecube games.
They are also adding Neo Geo Games (From what everyone is saying)
And there is talk about Commodore 64 games comming out as well.

For these reasons its like getting many consoles in 1.

To me The Wii is very worth the money it has some very fun games (pick out games based on what YOU like) The Wii does have a game type for most people. At anyrate its worth the 249 dollars and it comes with Wii sports for that price. Unlike other systems where you get nothing for your money and have to buy extra.

Another neat thing about the Wii is you can use the Wiimotes to store up to 10 of the Miis (the little people you create) Even if your friends have enough controllers you can bring your Wiimote to their house and copy their Mii into your control get home and transfer it to your system. Thats another way of trading. Its just a neat fun little system. Im 36 years old and its fun for me. Everyone in our house plays it and likes something differnt about it so it does appeal to a broad range of people my dad is 60 and he hasnt seen it yet only the commercials and hes bugging me about bringing it to his house when I visit, and we're talking about a guy whos only played pinball games and doesnt own a computer, cant even set the clock on a vcr. LOL

I Have Mario party 8, Rayman, The Bigs, Mario Strikers, Zelda, Excite truck, Resident Evil, Super Paper Mario and rented Transformers.

I spend alot of time surfing around on it, I HATE typing with the wiimote but im sure they will add keyboard support for the internet browser.

If you have anyone you know with Wii go try it 1st, its up to you if you want to risk buying it without trying it 1st.

I had a 360 I traded it in for the Wii, The 360 Had some nice games and I was looking forward to HL2 on it, and Halo 3. But My 360 was plagued with problems and I was sick of that. When I turn on a console I want to play I dont want to worry about bugs or heat or the ring of death.
When I sent my 360 in for repair because I couldnt even watch a dvd on it without it locking up. Microsoft told me if they replace my console everything I paid for on the market place was lost I couldnt get it back and they wouldnt refund me so i could download it again. I sucked it up and accepted that. Then when they sent it back after 3 weeks of being repaired only to find out it does the exact same thing it did before I sent it in. I got mad. Then I find out MS extended the warranty to 3 years. Not because its a great system but because alot of people have problems and its cheaper to give everyone a warranty then to do a recall. That way you only need to fix the people who complain. Even if the 360 worked like its supposed to. And it does for some people. I am still happier with my Wii than I am with my 360. The only game on the 360 that sucked me in was Gears of War.
Ive been sucked into many games on the Wii and lose track of time playing it very often. The one downside in my opinion is the Wiimotes eat batteries if your hard core playing on it the batteries will need to be replaced every few days. But you can just get a rechargeable Wiimote kit from someone like nyko or something to fix that. For the money its the best thing out there in my personal opinion.

Nothing beats everything hands down, but for the money its the winner. And games are $10+ cheaper than for the other consoles. Everyone is saying the graphics are bad on Wii. But Resident evil 4 on wii looks great to me, Not everyone has a 1080p HD huge screen tv wish I did :) The Wii cant even output that resolution anyway. Either way Im happy and would buy it over and over again if I had to I love it. Also Not sure of your age or not but if you happen to pay rent or utilities. The other consoles draw near 300 or more watts of power and the wii is 16-20 watts of power while playing. So it is also cheaper to own than the other systems. Someone on here posted a Review on the power consumption. Also there is a car adapter I saw for the Wii Ill probaly get that and take my wii around with me sometimes when Im gonna be away from home for awhile.

Hope my comments helped. I say Buy whatever you want if its fun and you enjoy it thats what matters. Bye for now

born2game said:
I have a xbox 360 and im not planning to pay $600 for a PS3. I want to buy a Wii but not sure how I will like it and I like the type of games Nintendo offers. At first I thought the Wii remote was the gayest thing ever and now im second guessing myself. Is the Wii worth the buy and if so what is a good game to start with?

Well if you thought the Wii remote was the gayest thing ever then you shouldn't get it. I know you said you are second guessing yourself now, but that's just saying you are like a leaf, you just go where the wind takes you. Have a spine for once and don't judge something based on your friends opinion. I am not a fanboy, I just don't judge things base on what everyone else think. In fact, I didn't look down on any console when they first came out, instead I tested them all out at kiosks and decided I prefered the Wii because of the controller.

Back