Worth it?

There are too many fanboys on this forum who are obviously going to say Wii, but if you can afford it then go for PS3. Sony have dominated the console market for the past 10 years, for many reasons. Stick with Sony. PS3 will piss on everything in the next 12-18 months, just you wait and see.

daviduk200 said:
i have a PS2 with about 80 games, i got a wii on launch, have 25 games, havent played PS2 since got my wii.

so yeah

same here(i didn't get mine on release day, but same situation). I've played my PS2 maybe a dozen times since i got my Wii though, and that's only for Gran Turismo 4(rarely), GTA3(very rarely), Okami(which is coming to Wii anyway) and some DDR and that's only because Hottest Party SUCKED. Aside from those 4 titles though i can't remember playing ps2

:lol: If I would you I will buy te Wii because I think it is the best out there. PS3 and 360 are great with graphics but I do it for the fun of it so I do say why not get the Wii you cant go wrong:lol:

BtnJoe said:
There are too many fanboys on this forum who are obviously going to say Wii, but if you can afford it then go for PS3. Sony have dominated the console market for the past 10 years, for many reasons. Stick with Sony. PS3 will piss on everything in the next 12-18 months, just you wait and see.

Im willing to bet Sony will be in last place the whole generation. They dominated the last 2 generations. It doesnt mean they're gonna stay the best. Even in 2008 I still think it will be last place.

Just wait for the Wii price drop. If you like the PS2, keep buying PS2 games. I garauntee you next year stores will stop selling PS2 games. Buy them now before they become $100 a piece on Ebay. Persona 3 is BS expensive now. I missed my window on a great game.

If you do decide to get the wii, PLEASE don't purchase it with the expectation to live up to Playstation quality. Sure, some of the games have better graphics ((some)), but the online is nothing impressive , won't play your dvds, and does not have high-def, hard drive, or any of the other nice additions you can find on the other consoles.

But it does offer some great game play, but the selection is drowned with it's massive crap of 3rd party games. I think you might be happier with a ps3, personally. It seems to be what you enjoy playing, and you already have games for it. However, if you owned a gamecube/64 and loved them, or still enjoy Mario games, then the wii will not disappoint.

ok look i had a Ps2 with 4 controllers 2 memory cards and 25 games my bro had a wii and i played it it waz ****ing hott soo i sold my Ps2 on ebay i got 236 dollars and sum change so i bought a wii and medal of honor 32 online play it is worth it!!!! 100 percent trust me

BtnJoe said:
I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I'm just anti-Sony and anti-Microsoft. Both have burnt too many bridges and pissed on consumers far too much for me to ever give either another dime. I don't argue that technically, the Xbox 360 and PS3 are more-powerful systems. However, they are both quite expensive and just more of the "same old same old". Still, for the right price I might buy either if it wasn't made by a company that doesn't deserve my money.

Same held true when I bought my surround-sound stereo system last year. Sony was never considered for any aspect. My receiver is a Harman-Kardon and my speakers are Onkyo. My TV is Toshiba and my DVD player is Panasonic. My projector will probably be BenQ or Infocus.

T3kNi9e said:
Apparently you're still confused. If there was a 4th player in the console market who was better than Nintendo, I'd definitely be checking it out. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, it's just that Nintendo is all that is left once you pass over Sony and Microsoft, both of which are despicable corporations that I choose to boycott in all ways, not just game consoles.

Considering of how critical I am of the Wii on these forums, I don't see how I'm a Wii/Nintendo "fanboy". Please explain.

T3kNi9e said:
Their isn't a 4th player. You are anti-Sony and anti-Microsoft. That leaves only Nintendo, so you ARE a fanboy.

i guess to a point. But it's like being a fanboy by default rather than choice/ignorance, so i can't imagine it being nearly as bad as true unadultered fanboyism?:lol:

You obviously have no idea what a "fanboy" is. Preferring the least-bad of 3 companies doesn't make me a "fanboy".

From Wikipedia:

"Fanboy (sometimes spelt fanboi) is a pejorative term used to describe an individual who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors (often including logic) that differ from their point of view."

I am not "utterly devoted" to Nintendo, as like I said, I'd love for there to be more players in the console market. I am not obsessed with the Wii and my logic is rather intense on the topic. I'm very critical of the Wii and Nintendo and if you'd bother to check out my other posts before labeling me with such an insulting term, you'd realize this.

Oh im sorry, because you do not fit the description of the actual definition then that doesn't make you a fanboy? If you are ANTI-Sony/Microsoft then you basically hate them, so it would be the same as you loving the Nintendo. Which means even if they actually have better games, or anything is better you will not want to acknowledge that or will never admit to it because you hate them. So you are a FANBOY. Stop trying to get around it.

Back