wouldn't an americas army game be..

aa is more like tactical shooter where u wait for the enemy to come to u and use strategy whereas mohh2 is like a run-and-gun game. anyone agree?

Americas Army Overview

From wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Army

America's Army has been developed since 2000 and still changes through add-ons and patches. The Windows version can be found as a download on the Internet or as free DVDs at U.S. Army recruiting centers. All versions use Evenbalance's PunkBuster technology to prevent cheating.
Professor Michael Zyda, the director and founder of the MOVES Institute, acknowledged Counter-Strike as the model for the game.
America's Army is relatively authentic in terms of visual and acoustic representation of combat, especially pertaining to its depictions of firearm usage and mechanics, but its critics have alleged that it fails to convey wartime conditions as accurately as it claims.[3][4][5]
America's Army is the first computer video game to make recruitment an explicit goal and the first well-known overt use of computer gaming for political aims. The game is used as a playable recruiting tool and critics have charged the game serves as a propaganda device. In reality the game is developed by a regular game company that is funded by the Army. The game has hundreds of genuine hardcore fans and fan websites.[6] The latest version is 2.8.2 which was released on September 6, 2007, with new features, bug fixes, and two new maps including Rummage and SF Hospital SE.
It is pointed out that its recruiting aspect bears resemblance to games in both the movie The Last Starfighter[7] and to the novel Ender's Game, a popular science fiction story of the 80s.[8]
Its developers state that America's Army has over 8.6 million registered accounts as of August, 2007, with over 4.8 million having completed the "basic training" part of the game. With several thousand players online at any one time between 2002 and 2007, it ranks in the top 10 FPS (first-person shooter) games played online during the period, as tracked by GameSpy. It was similar in performance to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory or Medal of Honor, also in the top ten, for much of that time period.[9]
Until recently, the U.S. Army and Icculus had a contract saying that the former would port America's Army to Mac OS X and Linux (x86 & AMD64) in both client and server versions.

Its got high numbers because its free. You can find SHITTY, and I do mean SHITTY free MMO's that have thousands of players, in addition, there are ALOT of free MMO's each with lots of players alone. So obviously there's gonna be alot, but the game sucks compared to games you buy. Just because its free and it has alot of people doesn't make it good.

Plainly put it sucks when compared to other things. I much rather a developer spend its time making a new game from scratch than to make an AA game for Wii.

Wulf said:
No.

Thats why we have MOH:H2.

lol! Comparing an arcade like game to a realistic shooter

I played AA as well and its a solid game. Not really my liking. I prefer the action games like bf2142 where it feels more like playing a war movie.

The feeling I got from AA was round after round of sneaking, leaning, trying to kill someone and than die and wait for the rest.

And I wouldnt buy it on my wii.

AA 3? Whats that about? New stuff you can do?

Last edited:
i play 2.6 as it runs on both laptop and pc (might get version 3 on pc when it comes out)

and compare it to other games, it still as good and version 3 will be like everything updated.

but for wii,mmmm i dont think i would like it played graw2 which i think would be a bit like it and didnt like it

jimbo said:
i play 2.6 as it runs on both laptop and pc (might get version 3 on pc when it comes out)

and compare it to other games, it still as good and version 3 will be like everything updated.

but for wii,mmmm i dont think i would like it played graw2 which i think would be a bit like it and didnt like it

'You need to upgrade aa. It is on version 2.8.2 now.. There are drivable vehicles, Co-op modes now, about 10 new maps, A single player mode, YOu can get explosives, kick-in doors, now more weapons. So much new stuff.

And they have a SIngle Player mode finnaly...

Last edited:
Back