Import Wii Games?

Psytrese

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hello! I'm in the UK, and with the release date of Brawl being pushed further back in the rest of the world, it's sure to hit us here worst! I'm expecting to get it around April...which is a length of time I can't wait!

Now, my problem (and the reason this isn't posted in the Brawl forum) in order to play the game when everyone else is, I'd need to import it. It's the kind of game I wouldn't need to know Japanese to play, and I wouldn't mind even waiting a few extra weeks and buying it from America.

Thing is, the Wii is of course, not multi-regional. Meaning if I import the game I'm not going to be able to play it. Does anyone know of a peripheral or some kind of loading disk that I can buy that will allow me to play NTSC or NTSC-J games?

Thanks in advance.

I feel your pain.
And no there is no such disk, although you could get a mod chip to make your wii region free but its not a good idea (it voids the warranty). I do believe that the company that make the freeloader disks are working on a wii version, but it will probably be vanquished by a wii firmware update. The best thing to do is to buy an american wii and then get the game. This probably won't be what you had in mind but it's the best solution (if you have loads of cash).
I really need to stop contradicting myself. :)

Back