Is the language important to play Red Steel and COD3 ?

Arnaud

JP Wii owner
Jan 24, 2007
Seoul, Korea
Wii Online Code
8180-9496-6675-4312
I am considering buying Red Steel or COD3, but since my Wii is Japanese I have to get them in Japanese. Only problem is I do not speak a word of japanese.
Could anyone tell me wether these two games are playable without the language ? I figured since they’re FPS it’s all about shooting (and usually the story is not that compelling so I don’t mind missing out on that).
So is understanding the language important for these two games ?

For information (and to avoid irrelevant comments), the reason I got a Jap Wii is because I live in Korea, and it’s the only one available here until this winter.
I am not willing to chip my Wii for the moment, so no need to mention that too :)

You probably won't need to understand for CoD 3. What game did you want so bad that you bought a Japanese Wii?

None particularly, but I wanted the Wii early.
And when the Korean Wii games are released (winter 07), they will be compatible with the Japanese Wii only so I didn't want a US Wii...
Having said that, Bleach is a really good game ! I bought it coz it looked cool and now I started watching the anime because of the game and I must say it is quite good... And every once in a while I go :"Oh, yeah, he can do that in the game !".
Although playing the game before the watching the anime is a bit of a spoiler, like
I already know that bald skinny guy from the eleventh army (Ichigo's 1st fight in the retsetei, forgot the name) is going to get a bankai sooner or later because he's got on in the game, although I am not that far in the anime yet :p

i bought the UK version of Red Steel and most of the dialogue is in Japanese anyway. on saying that you dont really need to know whats going on as you'll soon pick up the action and the does and donts.

Back