Rate Red Steel

Jessy15

WiiChat Member
Oct 17, 2006
I dont have a wii yet, but i am asking for one for christmas, i might ask for red steel, but a lot of people say its not that great, so, whats your honest opinion?

I posted in a thread below. If there's several games you're looking at I would hold off on Red Steel. I think the verdict is still going to be out for a few days until we get handle on whether the control system really starts to click. It's extremely frustrating. I think part of the problem is that you have to aim with precision but in the same stroke made broader movements with the remote to look and move. It's not come together for me yet. Very very hard to control...

7.7/10 its fun, all that matters, graphics are cool, gameplay is ok - Its all the action that makes up for the lame story lol - The controls are great not very newb friendly but easy to get used to after a bit... those dam game reviewers give too much criticism on stupid things, like the guy that sais you cant even see anyone because of graphics being too crappy- The guy mustve been playing on a 15inch screen not to see anything, the graphics are great.

I'd give it a 9/10.

Interesting Single player, And Awesome multiplayer. Control Schemes will be overwhelming at first and seem bad. It takes a bit of time and effort and then you'll be able to handle it just like a 360. Even better imo if you can use it well.

Hey im 22 years old been playing nintendo since i was 8 :) (Own all except DS)
Red steel is pretty amazing. Though really buggy at times im really having fun playing it.
Heres how it is. if this game was played with a normal controller i would in fact give it a 5.5 like gamespot but since the controller is different
I Give it a 7.5 on 10 (Bugs make me unhappy) besides minor bugs the game is great i dont even have ZELDA yet ( im waiting for Christmas hehe get it for free)
Honestly speaking its a fun fps and i cant wait for there to be more WITH ONLINE PLAY

Red Steel isn't very good. I'd get it a 5 out of 10. You'd be better off renting it. I played my copy for a few days and sold it cause it wasn't as fun as everyone made it out to be.

i find that reviewers often complain about things being difficult or not working and i have no trouble at all, reviewers clearly=mongoloids
i find the controls very natural and i now prefer the feel of red steel to fpses on other consoles
it just takes adjustment
without the fun controls it would be a 5
but the new experience and the fact that it's the only thing out there right now in this genre (excluding COD3, no multiplayer so eff that), i would recommend the game

5/10. It's fairly good, definitely worth a rental, but the gameplay and controls are rather awkward, especially when playing for the first time.

5/10 It's ok but its nothing great tbh. I'm shure a better fps will be out soon and tbh Far cry on the wii is looking to be a possible hit, which is out in Jan i think :D

hey can anyone tell me why my internet on the WII will not work it says its found my server thingy but im still getting a error and its makin me very mad?????

Back