Xbox or not to Xbox?

I am wondering about the same thing, I'm not sure whether or not to get a 360 since I already have a Wii. Does anyone know how much the CHEAPEST 360 costs? Is it $350?

The cheapest Xbox is the arcade version (which comes with an Arcade games disc and a Wireless controller but no hard drive, but they give you a 256 MB memory unit). The retail price for this version is $279.99 which works out to about $295 approximately with taxes.

Whoops said:
Does an ethernet cable come with the 360 or do you have to buy it seperate to connect to Live?

Pro and Elite comes with one but their not very long.

i havn't played my 360 since i got my WII lol so im just the oppsite, i love the casual gaming of the WII and the VC on the WII so i don't think i will play my 360 again for a long time if ever.

westearth said:
The cheapest Xbox is the arcade version (which comes with an Arcade games disc and a Wireless controller but no hard drive, but they give you a 256 MB memory unit). The retail price for this version is $279.99 which works out to about $295 approximately with taxes.

Alright, thanks. That gives me enough money to get that, CoD4 or Halo, and a year of Live :p

I know CoD4 is a better game, but the reason I want Halo 3 is because everyone I know with a 360 has it. And its still a really good game anyway.

Thanx a lot for the comments, i think im gona wait till next month (pay day) and get one. Unless anyone can give me a reason to get a PS3? but they do look cool but obvisouly there almost the same sort of console.

PS3 is like Xbox with different games. I dont care about my PS3's blu-ray cuz im neer gonna spend $25-30 on 1 DVD when I can download them and make great quality DVDs. That and the non BD/HD DVDs are very cheap.

As for games, right now statistically 360 has alot better games that PS3, though this year PS3 might pick up a bit. But either way I like my 360 games over PS3.

I've heard a couple of rumors from friends today, and I want to see if anyone here can confirm them:

(Someone at school yesterday told me there is a version of the 360 that costs $230. I can't remember what he called it...it wasnt Arcade, it was something else...Does anyone know what I'm talking about?) Never mind, I did some research, and I remembered he called it the core system. This is no longer being sold I guess, and it was replace by the $279 Arcade system. And this core version wasnt 230$ anyway, so he doesnt know what he's talking about...

I've also heard that since the Xbox live servers were working bad for the last few weeks, they are giving out a free game to each person. One person told me you can only get this game thats worth like 10 bucks, yet this other one told me he got CoD4 as his free game. Is he lying or no?

Last edited:
I think someone else already hit it on the nose. If you have the money and will play another system, then yes buy it.

I have the money, and I want a 360, but I'm just not going to get one right now. I work 30+ on top of a 12 hour class schedule with graduate classes with tons of homework and readings to do. So I barely have time for the Wii. Its the same reason I haven't gotten NMH or MoH:H2 or MP3 or BW2...I just dont have all the time to play those games, so why waste money?

uloseiwin said:
I've heard a couple of rumors from friends today, and I want to see if anyone here can confirm them:

(Someone at school yesterday told me there is a version of the 360 that costs $230. I can't remember what he called it...it wasnt Arcade, it was something else...Does anyone know what I'm talking about?) Never mind, I did some research, and I remembered he called it the core system. This is no longer being sold I guess, and it was replace by the $279 Arcade system. And this core version wasnt 230$ anyway, so he doesnt know what he's talking about...

I've also heard that since the Xbox live servers were working bad for the last few weeks, they are giving out a free game to each person. One person told me you can only get this game thats worth like 10 bucks, yet this other one told me he got CoD4 as his free game. Is he lying or no?

you cant get COD4 as your free game, everyone gets an arecade game called undertow

Back