Yahtzee reviews Madwolrd

You sound more like a fanboy who feel threatened by someone objecting to the idea that the controls are bad.

Not at all... but please enlighten me, have you honestly played the game?

Yeah Right. The only reason your defending this game because you always need to defend the reputation of the Nintendo console.

I couldn't care less about the reputation of a console, Nintendor or otherwise! I was taking issue with the fact that a perfectly game was getting slated simply because it was on the Wii.

And Madworld isn't anything revolutionary. This game doesn't stand out as unique.

Again, have you actually played or even seen the game in person?

Of course one is going to own a Wii when its at its "best." People support the Xbox360 at it's "best." People support the PS3 at it's "best." What would you expect from any console when it is at it's "best?" To be mediocre?

You misunderstand entirely. I meant, when everything 'clicks' on a game (good gameplay, decent controls, etc etc) on the Wii then it offers a lot of fun and there is enough uniqueness to seperate it from any other console released. I wasn't saying that wasn't true of other consoles but by it's very nature on the Wii the motion controls had the possibilities of offering something new. Of course there is a lot of shovelware etc to avoid.

Again, it's not revolutionary. You said the game was "unique" yet unlockables via gameplay is not. Gears of War has chain saws. Quake had chain saws. I have a chain saw and two for doubling. Also, Onimusha already has Katanas. Besides, Light sabers are so much cooler. As for the game being hard, I am sure it ranks right up there with Ninja Gaiden, Contra series, F-zero and the legendary Battle Toads.

Cool, where can I buy Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden and Contra for my Wii?

As for everything stated as a whole, it sounds like it was ripped off from IGN. Which makes me wonder if you have the capacity to really develop opinions of your own?

Thank you for the compliment that I can write clear and concise prose worthy of IGN!

Ignoring the rather pathetic dig at my intellect, I could say you sound like a reviewer of a game that hasn't played it yet and has made up his mind it's bad as it isn't on his favourite console. But I won't as that would be equally as sad ;)

It seems the majority of people who put Madworld down for being too short/boring/ having random flailing controls are the ones who have never actually played it! I guess it is their loss though as their blinkered view has robbed them of playing one of the best games of the year (on any console).

You are right raisinghelen - I strongly suspect previously they could rest easy screaming "the Wii is kiddy!!!" and along comes an original wii-only game that looks great and has received rave reviews, and now they are feeling threatened for some reason... quite amazing :(

hencam[uk];1013419 said:
I couldn't care less about the reputation of a console, Nintendor or otherwise! I was taking issue with the fact that a perfectly game was getting slated simply because it was on the Wii.
No one slated it because it's on the Wii! Watch the review again- Yahtzee points out that it's only getting hyped because it's on the Wii, he thinks the controls aren't that great, and he thinks that the game is limited by the console's technical limitations (all perfectly reasonable complaints). He never knocked it just for being on the Wii.

Back