Your best team setup

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
Waluigi is more awesome than Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer combined and on fire :lol:

The team I use is:
Up Front - Waluigi.
Midfielder (Left) - Birdo.
Midfielder (Right) - Birdo.
Defence - Dry Bones.

This way, I get the awesome firepower and egg moves of Birdo, but also the incredibly easy to score teleportation goals of Waluigi and Dry Bones. Not to mention the hilarious technique of trapping the keeper in a square of thorns and easy running into the goal :lol:

What teams do the rest of you use?

Captain Daisy, with Monty Mole or Hammer Bro (depending on the situation) and Dry Bones in the wings, and Boo on defense.

My secondary team is Captain Yoshi, with Hammers and Birdo in the wings, with Toad in the back.

Daisy's team is a but trickier to use, but it can be even trickier to stop. It's scoring relies heavily on trick plays.
Yoshi's team is a more conventional scoring team, it can put up a tough offense, and an equally tough defense.

I think you have one Birdo too many. And you don't have one single competent passer in the bunch. A strong defense should be able to eat you up. If you like her shooting, maybe get a Hammer Brother to keep the shooting but gain some passing skill.

Dry Bones isn't too bad on defense, but his passing leaves alot to be desired, and it can help to have a great passer on defense to get the ball out of your half and to hook up the wings with some one-timers.

Get someone who can pass, or good defenses will intercept, slide tackle, and generally pick your offense apart.

Last edited:
BigORhyme said:
Captain Daisy, with Monty Mole or Hammer Bro (depending on the situation) and Dry Bones in the wings, and Boo on defense.

My secondary team is Captain Yoshi, with Hammers and Birdo in the wings, with Toad in the back.

Daisy's team is a but trickier to use, but it can be even trickier to stop. It's scoring relies heavily on trick plays.
Yoshi's team is a more conventional scoring team, it can put up a tough offense, and an equally tough defense.

I think you have one Birdo too many. And you don't have one single competent passer in the bunch. A strong defense should be able to eat you up. If you like her shooting, maybe get a Hammer Brother to keep the shooting but gain some passing skill.

Dry Bones isn't too bad on defense, but his passing leaves alot to be desired, and it can help to have a great passer on defense to get the ball out of your half and to hook up the wings with some one-timers.

Get someone who can pass, or good defenses will intercept, slide tackle, and generally pick your offense apart.

Actually, 90% of my goals rely on Dry Bones and Waluigi running up the side and teleporting a goal. The Birdo's are useful because they have quite a nice tackle/speed ratio.

While that may be true, please understand that a talented defense will really be able to tear Bones and Waluigi down. Your team seems to be oriented towards controlling the ball, and getting your trick scorers in for points, but when you play a really playmaker heavy team, you may find some trouble.
Not that your team isn't good, it seems very good, really, but there's always room for improvement.

Captain is Diddy, he's the man, or monkey as it turns out...

Others I have two Birdo's, because they're awesome and the celebratory dance annoys everyone I've played face to face. I have two of them, and a Dry bones in defence.

Works pretty well!

Only problem is that every one but Diddy can't play a good pass if their life depended on it...

Captain = Waluigi
Defender = Monty Mole
Wingers = Dry Bones And Birdo

I Think this team owns because monty mole is solid at the back and then u got waluigi and dry bones for speed and teleporting and then birdo for shooting =]

Cap - Diddy
Wings - Toad and Birdo
Defender - Monty Mole

Ellokko1 said:
Cap-Wario
Wings-Hammer bro and Birdo
Defender-Toad

ahhh i c ...now ill be ready to counter you tonight :lol:

Bliss said:
ahhh i c ...now ill be ready to counter you tonight :lol:

do you think thats a good setup....im kinda still deciding on who to put for my team...i like to play with wario though!

Ellokko1 said:
do you think thats a good setup....im kinda still deciding on who to put for my team...i like to play with wario though!

its not to bad...me personally i dont like toad in the back...i like him as a wing...well i use him for like 80 percent of my scoring.

BigORhyme said:

I took your suggestion and replaced one of the Birdos with a Hammer Bro. It seems to work better with the good passing :)

I'm glad I can help! He should be able to hook you up with a few more scoring opportunities, just keep in mind he's less defensively capable than Birdo, so try not to let your opponent chip past him too often.

Waky Wii said:
Cap: Waluigi
Wingers: Toad and Dry Bones
Defence: Hammer Bros.

Hammer Bros don't have enough range on their attacks to be good in defence. You should swap places with him and dry bones

Back