Zelda Multiplayer? Zelda Online!?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
No, its not ganna happen on the wii, thats for sure. But what do you guys think of it? None of us thought that it would happen to Metroid (atleast I didnt), and now nearly everyone (NEARLY) is accepting MP3 with open arms, hoping that it goes online.

I think it would do wonders for the franchise. We all know that multiplayer is a thing of the past, Im worried that single player games will be soon too. I for one love zelda, but you have to admit that you play it once, beat it, maybe pull it out a couple more times in your lifetime to play for a couple hours, but the rest of the time it sits in your closet collecting dust. None of my friends (that play halo) respect the franchise simply because it has no multiplayer, they WONT EVEN PLAY IT! Call them ridiculous.

What would you guys think if Nintendo announced that the next zelda would go online, without taking anything away from its amazing one player mode. Would it get the same reaction as metroid? Would it bomb? You could walk around on huge worlds, starting with the master sword and your shield, and be able to pick up items such as your bow, clawshot and bombs to aid you in battle.

Its even been talked to make it an mmo. This would be even better imo. With such a plethorous ammount of items in the series, nintendo could easily make it happen. It would be amazing. Although Im not completely sure I would be happy if nintendo decided the next zeldy game would be completely mmo, with no single mode.

Thoughts? Comments? Did I type too much?

Ehh, I don't think it'd do that well online, but I'd say go for it, just for the heck of it, as long as it doesn't get in the way of producing the normal ones.
As for the MMO version, ehh again. That would be tough. I picture it in my mind, and all I see is people with swords and shields I think that'd be too weird. They got the races, and a bit of weapons, but they'd have to make the world a LOT bigger.

A game like that with multi player wouldn't be fun
A game like Soldat or Super Mario with multi player would be
That style of game isn't multi player material

I wouldn't be surprised if we seen an online Legend of Zelda Four Swords with DS connectivity. It would be in stylized 2D ,but not 3D although it would still be fun.

The traditional style of Zelda would not work in multiplayer nor online but Miyamoto promised an MMO and a Zelda MMO I await

Yeah... Zelda Online Would Have ABout 5,829,391 Links... What Fun...

it might have multi player. who knows. nintendo has done some crazy things (snake in brawl lol). i think it would be awesome as an adventure rpg

I still think they could make a great MMO

Off-Topic: Hey there. I'm new here!

On-Topic: Mmm... Zelda online would be hard to pull off. I can see a co-operative aspect to it. Knowing Nintendo, if they were going to make a Zelda game online-enabled, the basic concept or idea would be based completely around enabling that if you get what I mean. Like how Zelda: Four Swords on GCN was designed completely for multiplayer purposes.

Four Swords has co-op
Phantom Hourglass has Multiplayer and Online.

Zelda isn't build to be a MMO.

Final fantasy was all single player. Then it made an mmo. Which is doing pretty poorly. If they made a zelda mmo who knows what would happen, but it is pretty sad to not play a game because of multiplayer, I suppose your friends only play multiplayer halo because the single player sucks though.

Back